Ohio State at Michigan
Date: September 22, 2022
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Venue: Ann Arbor, Mich. – U-M Soccer Stadium
Live Stats: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
Game Notes: Ohio State | Michigan
Rosters: Ohio State | Michigan
Season Stats: Ohio State | Michigan
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State remains on the road to start this week as the Buckeyes head north to take on rival Michigan on Thursday evening. This will be the 32nd all-time meeting between the two programs. The match is set for a 7 p.m. kick and will be streamed on BTN+.
- The series between the two rival programs could not be more even as the all-time record is even at 13-13-5.
- This will be the first match in Ann Arbor since 2018. The Buckeyes are 4-6-2 all-time in Ann Arbor.
- In last year’s meeting, the Buckeyes erased a 1-0 deficit with a goal in the 66th minute from Chloe Delyser off an assist from then freshman Kailyn Dudukovich and then Dudukovich converted a penalty kick in the 85th minute to give the Buckeyes a 2-1 victory.
- The first RPI of the season will released this week and the Buckeyes find themselves at No. 10. That is second in the Big Ten to only undefeated Rutgers. That position is due in large part to four Top 75 RPI road wins so far this season.
- The setback at No. 4 Rutgers on Sunday was just the first loss of the season for the Buckeyes. They are 4-1-0 on the road this season and won their first four road contests of the year for the first time in program history.
- Michigan is 5-3-1 on the season and is coming off a 1-0 loss on the road at Maryland on Sunday. The Wolverines are second in the conference and 15th nationally with 26 goals on the year. Sammi Woods is the B1G leader with seven goals this season.
- Junior midfielder Peyton McNamara and senior forward Emma Sears are tied for the team lead with four goals on the season. Sears is also tied with Olivia Sensky with a team-high two assists.
- Senior Kayla Fischer’s next shot attempt will move her into third in program history in career shot attempts. She has 262 shots in her career.