2022 NCAA Tournament: Second Round
Dates: Monday, March 21, 2022
Venue: Maravich Center (Baton Rouge, La.)
Game: vs. LSU (8 p.m. ET) | ESPN2
Roster: Ohio State | LSU
Game Notes: Ohio State
Bracket | Tournament Central | Tickets
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 14/15 Ohio State women’s basketball team (24-6, 14-4 Big Ten) and six seed will face No. 9/9 and third-seeded LSU on Monday evening in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. The 8 p.m. ET game will be broadcast live on ESPN2 and AM 1460.
- Ohio State Ohio State earned the 63-56 win on Saturday against 11th-seeded Missouri State to advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament after being down by as many as four points in the final quarter.
- Jacy Sheldon led the Buckeyes in points (25), rebounds (6), assists (5) and steals (5), recording a career-high in steals. Taylor Mikesell also scored in double figures with 14 points.
- The Buckeyes used a 14-2 run to end the second quarter to overcome a slow start to the game and ended up with 25 points from turnovers as well as 13 steals.
- LSU makes its 27th NCAA Tournament in program history and its first since 2018. This is the first time since 2014 that LSU is hosting first and second round games.
- In 2018, LSU visited Columbus as a #6 seed but fell to 11th-seeded Central Michigan in the first round by a 78-69 margin.
- LSU holds an overall record of 44-26 in NCAA Tournament games.
- Ohio State makes its 26th NCAA Tournament appearance overall and first since 2018.
- The Buckeyes hold a 30-25 all-time record in NCAA Tournament games and have been a six-seed or higher 22 times.
- In 2018, Ohio State was a No. 3 seed and earned the opportunity to host the first and second rounds. The Buckeyes beat George Washington in the first round by an 87-45 margin before falling to 11th-seeded Central Michigan in the second round, 95-78.