ADDITIONAL INFO: Results | Ohio State Roster | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 16 Ohio State women’s gymnastics team remains undefeated at home this season with a 196.675-195.575 win over Brigham Young Friday night at the Covell Center. The Buckeyes matched their season best on uneven bars with Payton Harris and Colby Miller tying their career bests on the apparatus.
- The Buckeyes started off the meet with a 49.050 on vault. Fifth year senior Sydney Jennings led the way with a season-high tying 9.900 to win the event title. She was followed by Payton Harris (9.850) in second overall and Nicole Riccardi (9.800), who finished third on the team. Kaylyn Mintz made her debut on Friday night, earning a 9.750 to tie with Tory Vetter for fourth on the team.
- Ohio State tied its season best score on uneven bars with a 49.400 in the meet. Colby Miller earned a career-high tying 9.950 to win the event title. Nicole Riccardi went 9.925 to take second overall. Harris was next with a career-best tying 9.875, followed by Lexi Edwards (9.825), Alexis Hankins (9.825) and Emma Pritchard (9.800).
- The team earned a 49.200 on beam in the third rotation with Jennings earning the highest team score of 9.875 to tie for second overall. Harris and Vetter each scored 9.850s and Jojo Warga earned a 9.825. Hankins’ 9.800 was the fifth score the Buckeyes counted.
- Earning the highest score for Ohio State on floor was Harris with a 9.875. Savannah Gonzalez, Riccardi and Vetter added 9.850s. The Buckeyes also counted a 9.625 from Claire Gagliardi.
- Harris was the lone all-arounder for the Buckeyes in the meet, finishing with a score of 39.450.
Vault: Jennings – 9.900; Harris – 9.850; Riccardi – 9.800; Mintz – 9.750; Vetter – 9.750; Malas – 9.725
Uneven Bars: Miller – 9.950; Riccardi – 9.925; Harris – 9.875; Edwards – 9.825; Hankins – 9.825; Pritchard – 9.800
Beam: Jennings – 9.875; Harris – 9.850; Vetter – 9.850; Warga – 9.825; Hankins – 9.800; Pritchard – 9.750
Floor: Harris – 9.875; Gonzalez – 9.850; Riccardi – 9.850; Vetter – 9.850; Gagliardi – 9.625; Hankins – 9.550
All-Around: Harris – 39.450
Ohio State closes out the 2023 home slate on Sunday with a tri-meet against Kent State and Illinois. The meet will start at 2 p.m. from the Covelli Center and will be streamed on B1G+ (subscription required).