Ohio State vs. #6 Penn State
Date: October 2, 2022
Venue: Columbus, Ohio – Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium
Live Stats: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
Game Notes: Ohio State | Penn State
Rosters: Ohio State | Penn State
Season Stats: Ohio State | Penn State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State opens the final month of the regular season with a big matchup against No. 6 Penn State at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium on Sunday. The teams are currently tied in the Big Ten standings with six matches to play. First touch is set for noon with streaming coverage on BTN+.
Admission and parking are free for all Ohio State women’s soccer home matches.
- This will be the 35th all-time meeting between the two programs. Penn State is the most common opponent for the Buckeyes and the Lady Lions lead the all-time series 24-8-2.
- Last year, the Buckeyes got a second-half goal from Izzy Rodriguez and beat Penn State 1-0 in State College. That was the first win at Penn State since 2008 and just the second in State College overall.
- Since 2017, the teams are 1-1-1 in the last three meetings in Columbus. Buckeye Sammy Edwards scored in the 65th minute in the 2017 match to beat PSU 1-0. Penn State won 3-2 in 2019 and the teams tied 2-2 during the 2021 spring season behind a pair of goals from Kayla Fischer.
- The Buckeyes are coming off a dominating 4-0 win at Indiana on Thursday night. Four different Buckeyes scored in the game while Kine Flotre tied the school’s single-game record with three assists. The Buckeyes have also notched shutouts in each of their last three matches and have six on the season.
- The first RPI of the season will released last week and the Buckeyes found themselves at No. 10. This week, the Buckeyes are at No. 23, which is third-best in the Big Ten.
- Penn State is coming off its second loss of the season, falling 2-1 at Michigan State last Thursday night. The Nittany Lions other loss came at Stanford on Sept. 1. PSU shutout its first three B1G opponents before surrendering two goals to Michigan State.
- Peyton McNamara headed-home a goal on Thursday at Indiana and now leads the team with five goals and 11 points on the season.
- Sophomore Kailyn Dudukovich has scored a goal in each of the last two games and has three goals on the season.