OHIO STATE POSTGAME NOTES
No. 6 Ohio State 28, No. 9 Washington 23
The Rose Bowl Game | Jan. 1, 2019
- Head coach Urban Meyer concluded his Ohio State career with a 83-9 record over seven seasons and a 5-2 record in bowl games.
- The game’s Offensive Most Valuable Player was Dwayne Haskins (251 yards passing, three TDs) and the Defensive Most Valuable Player was Brendon White (eight tackles, two tackles-for-loss).
- Ohio State’s Rose Bowl Game record improves to 8-7 and it now has victories in its last three appearances. Its overall bowl record improves to 24-25.
- Meyer’s teams at Utah, Florida and Bowling Green were 12-3 in bowl games and 8-1 against top-10 ranked teams.
- Parris Campbell became just the fifth Buckeye wide receiver to eclipse 1,000 yards receiving. He also set Ohio State’s single-season record for receptions, breaking David Boston’s 20-year-old record.
- Haskins threw his 50th touchdown pass of the season at the end of the first half. He’s just the sixth FBS quarterback to throw 50 or more TD passes in a single season.
- Ohio State is 3-0 in New Year’s Six bowl games, with wins over Notre Dame (2016 Fiesta Bowl), USC (2017 Goodyear Cotton Bowl) and Washington (2019 Rose Bowl).
- The three passing touchdowns by Haskins is a Ohio State Rose Bowl record, topping the two thrown by Rex Kern (1969 vs. USC), Joe Germaine (1997 vs. Arizona State) and Terrelle Pryor (2010 vs. Oregon).
- Ohio State improves to 9-3 all-time against Washington.
- Johnnie Dixon finished his final two seasons with 16 touchdown catches in 17 games.
- This year’s Ohio State team is just the third in program history with 13 or more wins.