COLUMBUS, Ohio – This week, the Ohio State women’s cross country team heads west to run in the Bill Dellinger Cross Country Invitational hosted by Oregon. The 6K race will be at the Pine Ridge Golf Club (formerly called Springfield Golf Club) in Springfield, Ore., and is slated to start at 9:40 p.m. ET Thursday.
The Buckeyes, receiving votes in the national poll this week, will be joined in the race by No. 24 and host Oregon, Air Force, Arkansas, No. 17 Boise State, Cal Poly, Cal State Fullerton, No. 15 Colorado State, Idaho, No. 23 Oregon State, Portland, San Francisco, UC Davis, UC Santa Barbara, UCLA, Utah (RV) and Washington State.
Live scoring and results will be online HERE. It will also be broadcast through RunnerSpace.com (subscription required).
Buckeye This and That
- The Buckeyes are ranked sixth in the Great Lakes Region in this week’s USTFCCCA poll and are receiving votes in the national poll. This week, a nation’s-best six Big Ten teams are ranked in the Top 25 of the national poll.
- Ohio State started the year at the Evansville Opener Sept. 3, winning the team title in the 5K event. Sophomore Addie Engel claimed the individual title, her first collegiate victory. She was one of seven Buckeyes to finish in in the Top 10. Engel was named Big Ten Athlete of the Week for her performance in Evansville, marking her first Big Ten weekly honor.
- 10, the Buckeyes raced at the Spiked Shoe Invitational, a 6K hosted by Penn State. Engel again led the Buckeyes, notching a fourth-place finish.
- The Top 5 finishers were the same for the Buckeyes in their first two races, with Daniella Santos, Hannah Moulton, Andrea Kuhn and Akemi Von Scherr joining Engel.
- The men’s and women’s squads will head to Notre Dame, Ind., for the Joe Piane Invitational Oct. 1.