Branch Law Firm/Dick McGuire Invitational Presented by Margaret Moses Branch
Dates: Sept. 12-13, 2022
Course: UNM Championship Course
Par/Yardage: Par 72 – 6,354 Yards
Format: Play 5, Count 4
Tee Times: Monday (36 holes) and Tuesday (18 holes) – Shotgun start at 7:30 a.m. MT
Teams: New Mexico, Cal Poly, Charlotte, Denver, Fresno State, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Kent State, Northwestern, Ohio State, San Diego State, SMU, Texas Tech, UNLV, USC
COLUMBUS, Ohio—The Ohio State women’s golf team opens its fall season at the Branch Law Firm/Dick McGuire Invitational, hosted by New Mexico, Sept. 13-14.
- The Buckeyes’ lineup for the tournament will be Caley McGinty, Aneka Seumanutafa, Lauren Peter, Kary Hollenbaugh and Jillian Bourdage.
- Ohio State is participating in the Folds of Honor Military Tribute Program for the second season. Folds of Honor honors military heroes lost or wounded in action. This season, the Buckeyes will honor Army Maj. Michael J. Donahue. Each week, a member of the OSU team will carry a bag that will be auctioned off at the end of the spring season to benefit the Folds of Honor program. For the Buckeyes’ first event, Peter will carry the bag; she was selected by her teammates based on her leadership, communication and encouragement.
- McGinty is currently ranked seventh in the world in the World Amateur Golf Rankings (WAGR). McGinty, a Bristol, England native, most recently competed on Team England in the 2022 World Amateur Team Championships held in France Aug. 24-27. She tied for 16th place. This summer, McGinty also helped Team England win the 2022 European Ladies’ Team Championships and she competed in the AIG Women’s Open and the European Ladies’ Amateur Championship. She was named to The ANNIKA Award Preseason Watch List and was also a Preseason Big Ten Golfer to Watch honoree.
- Seumanutafa earned Preseason Golfer to Watch honors for the second straight season and she was a 2022 Second Team All-Big Ten selection. She led the Buckeyes with a stroke average of 73.00 in 10 events and 30 total rounds in 2021-22. Seumanutafa finished in the number five spot at the U.S. Open Qualifier and earned a spot as an alternate in the 2022 U.S. Women’s Open. She also qualified for the 2022 U.S. Women’s Amateur and advanced to the Round of 16. On the 2021-22 season, she had three top-10 finishes and six top-20 finishes.
- Peter played in nine events for the Buckeyes in 2021-22 and averaged a score of 75.22. She had 46 birdies and five rounds at par or better.
- Hollenbaugh, a freshman, was ranked 34th in the American Junior Golf Association rankings and was the top-ranked Ohio player in the class of 2022. She was a two-time First Team All-State, four-time All-District and two-time District Player of the Year selection.
- Bourdage finished as the Silver Medalist at the FSGA Women’s Amateur Stroke Play Championships in July. During the 2021-22 season, she appeared in nine events and had a stroke average of 74.26.
- The Buckeyes will compete next at the Mason Rudolph, hosted by Vanderbilt, Sept. 23-25.