COLUMBUS, Ohio – This season has been a remarkable one for the women’s team as they finished their year off as Big Ten Champions and finished 24th in the nation. At the 2019 Outdoor Championships this past week, the women scored a total of 11 points to take a top 25 position for the first time since 2012. During this past outdoor season, the women have been ranked 22nd on week five, 24th on week seven and 24th on week eight leading to the NCAA East Prelims.
Women’s NCAA Outdoor Championships Recap
• Throws specialist Sade Olatoye had an impressive week in Austin as she broke her own school records in both shot put (17.53m) and hammer throw (67.49m). The Dublin native finished the hammer throw competition with a record heave of 69.37m to take fourth, and threw 17.88m in shot put to end her remarkable season. Her top 8 finishes allowed her to score 11 points for the Buckeyes and assisting them to a top 25 finish. Olatoye ends the year with two Big Ten Championships, four school records and a National Championship.
•The women’s 4x100m relay team of Bliss Soleyn, Karrington Winters, Karimah Senior and Taylor DeLoach finished their season with a time of 44.62s.
• Senior Julia Rizk took 6th in the 1,500m run with a personal best time of 4:13.70s to also break her own school record of 4:15.88s to compete in finals. Rizk started the final day of the Championships by competing in the women’s 1,500m finals. The Ohio native crossed the finish line with a time of 4:19.31s. She ends her career as Buckeye as a Big Ten Champion, school record holder and a indoor National Champion.
• Sophomore Adelaide Aquilla made her NCAA Championship debut in the the women’s shot put. Aquilla was able to heave the sphere 16.59m for a new personal best. She has ended her season with multiple new personal bests and has a bright future ahead of her collegiate career representing the Scarlet and Gray.
• After an outstanding indoor and outdoor season, Anavia Battle ran a time of 23.01s in the 200m dash. Battle ends her second year for the Buckeye with four Big Ten Championships, a Great Lakes Track Athlete of the Year honor, Big Ten Track Athlete of the Championships and two school records.
• Sophomore Morgan Lewis competed in the 100H and finished with a time of 13.46s to end her first season wearing Scarlet and Gray.
• Junior Abby Nichols finished her season competing in the 5,000m run where she ran a time of 16:36.45s. Nichols had a great year as she walks away a Big Ten Champion and school record holder.