COLUMBUS, Ohio – A quartet from the Ohio State women’s tennis team is traveling north this weekend for the Wolverine Invitational hosted by Michigan at the Varsity Tennis Center in Ann Arbor.
Graduate student Luna Dormet, sophomores Lina Ali and Madeline Atway and freshman Shelly Bereznyak are making the trip this weekend.
The Buckeyes will face players from Michigan, South Carolina, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Arizona State and Western Michigan.
Friday’s schedule starts at 10 a.m. with singles for Ohio State, South Carolina, Michigan State and Notre Dame, followed by two rounds of doubles at 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday, all teams will compete in singles at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and Sunday features doubles with all teams at 10 a.m. and singles to follow.
Live scoring is available HERE and results will be online HERE.
The Schedule Ahead
- Junior Irina Cantos Siemers, who was ranked seventh in the first ITA singles rankings of the season, is heading to Charleston, S.C., for the ITA All-American Championships. The 32-player singles main draw starts Wednesday.
- Also next week, the Buckeyes will head south for the UC/Xavier Invitational at the Trabert-Talbert Tennis Center in Cincinnati Oct. 8-10.
- 22-24, the Buckeyes will host the ITA Midwest Region Super Regional in the Ty Tucker Tennis Center.
Buckeye This and That
- Last week, the Buckeyes had players competing in two spots. Four were in Illinois for the ITA Midwest Regionals. Sophomore Madeline Atway reached the Round of 16 to earn a spot at ITA Super Regionals.
- Another four Buckeyes were at the Wolfpack Invitational/Ranked Spotlight in Cary, N.C. Freshman Sydni Ratliff finished as the runner-up in the B draw, while Ratliff and Irina Cantos Siemers were the doubles E-F draw runner-up.
- Atway and Ratliff lead the Buckeyes this fall with five singles win each. Shelly Bereznyak has posted four victories.