RELATED INFO: 2019 Schedule/Results | 2019 Roster | Big Ten Lacrosse | 11th Man Club | Men’s Lacrosse Homepage | Follow the Buckeyes on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
COLUMBUS – Five Buckeyes – junior Ryan Terefenko, senior Jack Jasinski, junior Tre Leclaire, sophomore Justin Inacio and senior Matt Borges – have been named USILA All-Americans, the United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association announced Thursday. Jasinski, Leclaire, Borges and Inacio are honorable mention choices while Terefenko earned a spot on the second team.
Jasinski, Borges and Inacio all earned All-America accolades for the first time in their careers while Terefenko and Leclaire are three-time All-Americans for the Scarlet and Gray.
“We are proud to see these deserving men recognized,” said head coach Nick Myers. “It speaks to not only their talent and the great seasons they put together, but also the success of their teammates around them.”
• Ohio State’s five All-American selections are the second most in a single season.
• The Buckeyes have had multiple All-Americans in seven of the last eight seasons.
• In Myers’ 11-year tenure, he has helped produce 29 All-Americans.
• The Buckeyes have 14 All-Americans over the last three seasons, the most in a three-year period in program history.
• With Borges’ selection, Ohio State has produced at least one All-American close defensemen for nine consecutive seasons.
• Terefenko and Leclaire becomes just the third and fourth three-time All-American in program history, joining Logan Schuss (2010, 2012-13) and Jesse King (2013-15).
• Inacio is the second Ohio State face-off specialist to earn All-America honors in the last three seasons. Jack Withers was a second-team choice in 2017.
RYAN TEREFENKO • Short Stick Defensive Midfield • Junior • Sinking Spring, Pa. / Wilson H.S.
• First team All-Big Ten selection.
• Played in all 12 games this season and was second on the team in ground balls with 36 ground balls.
• Scored four goals, added four assists and caused two turnovers.
• Helped Ohio State finish the regular season as the nation’s No. 1-ranked clearing team (.892).
• Was one of 25 nominees for the Tewaaraton Award.
• Named a third team media All-American by Inside Lacrosse.
• An OSU Scholar-Athlete who is majoring in sport industry and is part of the Huntington Bucks Go Pro 1.0 class this summer.
• Previously earned honorable mention All-America honors as a freshmen and third team accolades last year as a sophomore.
TRE LECLAIRE • Attack • Junior • Surrey, British Columbia / Elgin Park Secondary
• Second team All-Big Ten and finished third in the conference in the regular season in goals per game (3.09).
• Led the team in goals (34) and was tied for the lead in points (37).
• Ranked 10th in the Big Ten in points per game (3.36).
• Had multiple goals in all 11 games that he played in.
• Became the 12th player in program history to score 100 career goals.
• Currently ranks fifth on the Buckeyes’ career goals list (109) and No. 14 in career points (139).
• Member of the Tewaaraton Award Watch List.
• Scored three or more goals in nine of 11 games.
• Has scored at least one goal in 18 straight games dating back to the 2017 season, the 10th longest streak nationally.
• Is a sport industry major.
JACK JASINSKI • Midfield • Senior • Birmingham, Ala. / Oak Mountain H.S.
• Had the most statistically productive season of his career as a senior, finishing with 21 goals and 11 assists for 32 points.
• Played in and started all 12 games.
• Finished with at least one point in 10 of 12 games.
• Scored a career-high five goals in a 17-10 win over Boston University, one of six multi-goal games on the season.
• Finished his career with 97 points in 61 games (61 goals, 36 assists).
• An OSU Scholar-Athlete who is majoring in exercise science education.
MATT BORGES • Defense • Senior • Garden City, N.Y. / Garden City H.S.
• Started 48 consecutive games from 2017 through 2019 and played in 63 contests.
• Team captain in 2019.
• A Senior CLASS Award candidate.
• Led the 2019 Buckeyes with 16 caused turnovers and was third with 35 ground balls.
• Averaged 1.33 caused turnovers per game, the most by an Ohio State defensemen since Keenan Ochwat in 2012.
• Named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week on Feb. 12 after picking up five ground balls and causing two turnovers vs. Boston University (2/9).
• 109 career ground balls and 38 caused turnovers.
• Part of a senior class that was No. 10 nationally with 39 wins since the start of the 2016 season.
• An OSU Scholar-Athlete who graduated in May with a degree in finance.
JUSTIN INACIO • Face-off • Sophomore • Oakville, Ontario / The Hill Academy
• Big Ten co-Specialist of the Year and second team all-conference after leading the Big Ten in face-off win percentage (.637).
• Ranked ninth nationally during the regular season in face-off win percentage.
• Set an Ohio State single-game record for face-off wins vs. Michigan, going 23-of-25 with 19 ground balls, also a single-game high.
• Won 10 or more face-offs in all 12 games.
• Was 81-of-119 in the X in five Big Ten games (.681).
• Averaged 10.00 ground balls per game in the regular season, fifth highest in the country.
• An OSU Scholar-Athlete and member of the Huntington Bucks Go Pro 2.0 class and will work this summer at Nationwide Children’s Hospital as a surgical student intern.
• Is majoring in biology.