RESULTS | PHOTO GALLERY
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State track and field team kicked off the 2023 NCAA East First Round in Jacksonville, Fla. on Wednesday with the first day of men’s competition.
NCAA EAST PRELIM ROUND (FIRST ROUND)
- Shot put: Hayden Tobias finished fourth in the first round with a best throw of 19.61m / 64’4” to advance to the NCAA Championships. Carlos Aviles’ best throw (18.56m / 60’10.75”) was his second-best showing of the season and he finished in 17th.
- 400m: Zidane Brown finished in 46.56 to earn a timed qualifying spot in Friday’s quarterfinals. Antonio Hanson also competed in the 400m (47.31), finishing fifth in his heat but not advancing.
- 800m: Alex Kenish finished third in his heat (1:49.39) to earn an automatic qualifying spot in Friday’s quarterfinals.
- 110m hurdles: Oscar Smith posted his second-best time of the season (13.85) to finish fifth in his heat but did not qualify for the next round.
- Pole vault: Luke Bendick and Daniel Drellishak both competed.
The Buckeye women begin competition at the NCAA East First Round on Thursday, starting with the shot put at 6 p.m.