AUSTIN, Tx – Three school records were broken during day two of the NCAA Championships as the day focused on the women’s competition. Ohio State had a total of ten athletes compete in seven events, which included the 4x100m relay, 1500m run, 100 hurdles, 200m dash, hammer throw, shot put and pole vault.
How It Happened
• The women’s 4x100m relay team of Bliss Soleyn, Karrington Winters, Karimah Senior and Taylor DeLoach finished their season with a time of 44.62s.
• Senior Julia Rizk took 6th in the 1500m run with a personal best time of 4:13.70s to also break her own school record of 4:15.88s. Rizk will compete in the final section on Saturday, June 8th.
• Throws specialist, Sade Olatoye, had a great day as she broke her own school records in both shot put (17.53m) and hammer throw (67.49m). The Dublin native finished the hammer throw competition with a record heave of 69.37m to take fourth and 17.88m in shot put to end her remarkable season. She was able to score 11 points for the Buckeyes while bringing home two new throphies for her outstanding performance.
• After an outstanding indoor and outdoor season, Anavia Battle ran a time of 23.01s in the 200m dash.
• Sophomore Morgan Lewis competed in the 100H and finished with a time of 13.46s to end her outdoor season.
Senior Luke Landis will compete in the men’s portion of the 5000m run and jump specialist, Cody Stine will compete for a national title in high jump.