Ten members of the men’s cross country/track and field teams have earned Big Ten Distinguished Scholar honors for the 2019-20 academic year, the conference office announced today. To be eligible, a student-athlete must maintain a 3.70 or better grade-point average for the academic year.
The Buckeyes’ honorees were:
- Steven Bauers, a senior finance major from Pickerington, Ohio
- Paul Bete, a senior finance major from Dayton, Ohio
- Coty Cobb, a senior kinesiology major from Middletown, Ohio
- Joseph Cooper, a junior sport industry major from Reynoldsburg, Ohio
- Eric Halford, a sophomore data analytics major from Hudson, Ohio
- Peter Hayden, a junior economics major from Bexley, Ohio
- Terry Johnson, a senior construction systems management major from Columbus, Ohio
- Luke Landis, a senior finance major from Norwalk, Ohio
- Nick Regas, a sophomore marketing major from Needham, Mass.
- Aaron Wood, a senior civil engineering major from Lancaster, Ohio
Ohio State led all conference schools with a total of 164 distinguished scholars. Landis was one of 26 Buckeye student-athletes who had a 4.0 grade-point average for the year.