Feb. 17, 2003
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State synchronized swimming team defeated the College of William & Mary in a dual meet Sunday in Williamsburg, Va. The Buckeyes finished with 97 total points while William & Mary recorded 88 points.
Katie Meyer (Fr./Cincinnati, Ohio) finished first in the technical figures routine with a score of 78.737 while Leslie Edgerton (Fr./Cincinnati, Ohio) won the solo event with a mark of 89.833. Two Buckeye trio teams tied for first-place honors in the event. Edgerton and Meyer teamed up with Lauren Byrom (Fr./Westerville, Ohio) while Stacey Coffman (So./Walnut Creek, Calif.), Sharon Mejia (Sr./Vallejo, Calif.) and Isla Turner (So./Key Largo, Fla.) all earned scores of 88.167. In the team event, the Buckeyes defeated William & Mary with a mark of 92.500.
The Buckeyes return to action at 4 p.m. Feb. 22 at the Wheaton Invitational in Norton, Mass.
1. Ohio State, 97
2. William & Mary, 88
1. Katie Meyer, 78.737
2. Leslie Edgerton, 78.436
3. Sharon Mejia, Ohio State, 77.188
1. Leslie Edgerton, Ohio State, 89.833
2. Kim Marsh, William & Mary, 86.667
3. Valerie Jolibois, Ohio State, 86.666
1. Kim Marsh and Katie Lauer, William & Mary, 87.500
2. Stephanie Raftery and Megan Mikulecky, Ohio State, 86.667
3. Amy Rossnagel and Ellie Browne, William & Mary, 83.166
1. Lauren Byrom, Leslie Edgerton and Katie Meyer, Ohio State, 88.167
1. Stacey Coffman, Sharon Mejia and Isla Turner, Ohio State, 88.167
3. Katie Lauer, Amy Rossnagel, and Ellie Browne, William & Mary, 83.667
1. Ohio State, 92.500
2. William & Mary, 83.750
3. William & Mary, 73.500