COLUMBUS, Ohio. – The Ohio State men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams won their dual meet against Denison on Friday night. The men defeated the Big Red, 182-106, and the women won, 180-108.
Men’s Meet Notes
- The Buckeyes won the 200 medley relay, with the team of Thomas Watkins, Rylan McDaniel, Chachi Gustafson and Mario McDonald swimming the event in 1:28.77.
- Charlie Clark won the 1000 free with a time of 9:01.26, finishing 13 seconds ahead of second-place finisher North Hansen (9:14.97).
- Watkins earned a win in the 200 free with a time of 1:38.58. Alex Axon (1:38.81), Shaw Satterfield (1:39.65), Alex Metzler (1:40.23) and Mason Edmund (1:41.82) were the next four finishers.
- Ruslan Gaziev (49.22) won the 100 back. Josh Bogniard (49.37), Brandon Day (50.36), Tristan Jankovics (50.71) and Owen Conley (51.54) finished second, third, fourth and fifth, respectively.
- Ian Mikesell won the 100 breast with a time of 55.38. Karl Helmuth (55.83), Billy Regan (55.93), McDaniel (56.57) and Pete Krusinski (56.79) finished in the next four spots.
- Gustafson won the 200 fly with a time of 1:47.75.
- The Buckeyes took the top five spots in the 50 free. James Ward placed first (20.22), Jack Burroughs finished second (20.69), Daniel Baltes placed third (20.79), Jean-Pierre Khouzam placed fourth (21.01) and Satterfield finished fifth (21.23).
- Clayton Chaplin placed first in the 3-meter dive with a score of 377.40. Mo Noaman (366.23), Jack Matthews (366.23), Jacob Fielding (323.78), Mike Parker (320.35) and Lyle Yost (304.13) had the next five highest scores. Chaplin, Noaman, Matthews, Fielding and Parker all turned in NCAA Zones qualifying scores.
- Baltes placed first in the 100 free, finishing in 45.92. Jay Johnson (46.02), Burroughs (46.12), Krusinski (46.94) and Bogniard (47.44) placed second, third, fourth and fifth, respectively.
- Conley won the 200 back with a time of 1:48.71. Jankovics, Will Bansberg, Day and Luke Paxton took the next four spots.
- Regan won the 200 breast, finishing in 2:01.66.
- Ohio State had the top eight times in the 500 free. Axon (4:29.71), Edmund (4:33.56) and Hansen (4:33.97) earned the top three times.
- Gaziev had the quickest time in the 100 fly (47.90). Ward had the second-fastest, finishing in 48.26.
- Yost won the 1-meter dive with an overall score of 372.30. Matthews (368.10), Fielding (351.30), Chaplin (350.18), Noaman (333.00) and Parker (296.93) had the next highest scores. The top five scores are all NCAA Zones qualifying scores.
- Watkins turned in the fastest time in the 200 IM with a time of 1:49.93.
- The relay team of Gaziev, Satterfield, Edmund and Fabio Dalu had the fastest time in the 400 free relay with a time of 3:02.66.
Women’s Meet Notes
- The relay team of Nyah Funderburke, Josephine Panitz, Katherine Zenick and Amy Fulmer won the 200 medley relay with a time of 1:39.61.
- Sanna Peterson placed first in the 1000 free with a time of 10:05.57. Maya Geringer placed second (10:11.49) and Mia Lachey finished third (10:22.54).
- The Buckeyes took the top three spots in the 200 free. Zenick finished first with a time of 1:51.38. Jessica Eden (1:52.52) and Aislinn Walsh (1:52.54) finished second and third, respectively.
- Morgan Kraus won the 100 back with a time of 55.81. Libby Gilbert (56.94), Mairin O’Brien (57.17), Sydney Davids (57.90) and Catherine Russo (58.84) took the next four spots.
- Panitz took first in the 100 breast, swimming the event in 1:00.26, which is an NCAA B cut time.
- Felicia Pasadyn won the 200 fly with an NCAA B cut time of 1:57.51. Meredith Moellering placed second (2:02.67), Kyra Sommerstad placed third (2:03.46) and Sarah Turchanik finished fourth (2:06.81).
- Fulmer’s time of 23.01 in the 50 free earned her a win. Allie Fenska (23.29), Tristan Harrison (23.44), Mackenzie Dewitt (23.86) and Funderburke (23.98) were the next four finishers.
- Lena Hentschel won the 3-meter dive with an overall score of 315.68. Amanda Ling (292.95), Jackie Brenn (282.53) and Ciara McGing (279.15) placed second, third and fourth, respectively. They are all NCAA Zones qualifying scores.
- Teresa Ivan won the 100 free with a time of 50.82. Paige Hall placed second (52.01) and Kennady Kilger placed third (53.82).
- Pasadyn won the 200 back with an NCAA B cut time of 1:56.78.
- Mia Rankin placed first in the 200 breast, finishing in 2:22.12.
- Gwen Woodbury with the quickest time in the 500 free with a time of 4:57.66. Fulmer (4:57.94) and Eden (4:59.22) had the next-fastest times.
- Fenska had the fastest 100 fly time with a 56.12. Turchanik (57.10), Sommerstad (57.20) and Moellering (57.40) had the next three fastest times.
- Hentschel won the 1-meter dive with a score of 310.05. Ling (289.88), Brenn (282.38) and McGing (275.93) earned the next three highest scores. All four scores are NCAA Zones qualifying scores.
- Panitz had the fastest200 IM time with a time of 2:01.33.
- The relay team of Harrison, Russo, Kilger and Pasadyn had the fastest time in the 400 free relay with a time of 3:36.62.
- The Buckeyes host the Ohio State Fall Invitational Nov. 17-19 at McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion.