Ohio State at Penn State • Sat., Oct. 31 • When: 7:30 p.m. • Where: Beaver Stadium • TV: ABC • Play by play: Chris Fowler • Analyst: Kirk Herbstreit • Sideline: Maria Taylor
• Ohio State and Penn State will be meeting for the 34th time overall. The Buckeyes hold a 20-14 lead and have won seven of the last nine games.
• Three of the last five meetings have been one possession games with two of them being decided by one points (both Ohio State wins after training by 10 or more points in the fourth quarter).
THE LAST FIVE MEETINGS
10/17/2015 • No. 1 Ohio State 38, Penn State 10 (at Ohio Stadium; Columbus, Ohio)
10/27/2016 • Penn State 24, No. 2 Ohio State 21 (at Beaver Stadium, State College, Pa.)
10/28/2017 • No. 6 Ohio State 39, No. 2 Penn State 38 (at Ohio Stadium; Columbus, Ohio)
9/29/2018 • No. 4 Ohio State 27, No. 9 Penn State 26 (at Beaver Stadium; State College, Pa.)
11/23/2019 • No. 2 Ohio State 28, No. 8 Penn State 17 (at Ohio Stadium; Columbus, Ohio)
• Over 41,000 undergraduate students and 8,955 graduate students are enrolled at University Park campus, the largest in the Penn State system.
• Every February, thousands of students participate in the Penn State IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon (THON), which has been “dubbed by supporters as the world’s largest student-run philanthropy.” In previous years, participants stood for 48 hours nonstop and performed a line dance at least once every hour to stay alert. In 2007, THON was moved to the Bryce Jordan Center and now lasts 46 hours. It has raises millions of dollars annually for pediatric cancer care and research, generally through the Four Diamonds Fund. In 2014, THON raised a program record of $13.3 million.
• Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, founders of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, took a course on ice cream making at Penn State’s creamery.
• ESPN’s College Gameday will be on site in State College this Saturday. Ohio State will tie Alabama for the most Gameday appearances with 48 (it is 33-14 in those games).
• In Saturday’s season-opening win over Nebraska, QB Justin Fields set an Ohio State record for completion percentage (.952) for a quarterback with 11 or more pass attempts. He finished 20 of 21 vs. the Cornhuskers for 276 yards and three total TDs (two passing, one rushing).
• The two Pennsylvania natives on Ohio State’s roster are SAF Marcus Hooker, from New Castle, Pa., and WR Julian Fleming, who hails from Catawissa, Pa.
• Ohio State has won five of its last six games at Penn State’s Beaver Stadium.
• Since Penn State became a member of the Big Ten at the beginning of the 1993 season, Ohio State has won 18 of 26 games vs. the Nittany Lions.