Minnesota vs. No. 3 Ohio State • Sat., Oct. 13 • When: Noon • Where: Ohio Stadium • TV: FS1 • 🎫 Buy Tickets
• Ohio State and Minnesota are meeting for the 52nd time and first since the 2015 season. The Buckeyes lead the all-time series, 44-7 and have won nine consecutive meetings dating back to 2001.
• Ohio State owns an all-time record of 23-3 against Minnesota in Columbus. It’s won 20 of the last 21 meetings inside Ohio Stadium.
SERIES QUICK FACTS
Largest Ohio State margin of victory: 69-18, 1983
Longest Ohio State winning streak: 9 (2001-current)
Longest Minnesota winning streak: 2 (1922-1931)
Largest Indiana margin of victory: 27-0, 1949
• the Honeycrisp Apple was developed at the Horticultural Research Center at the University of Minnesota, back in 1974. It was made available to the public in 1991 and has since become one of the most desired and preferred apples for eating raw.
• The Gopher Way is a series of underground hallways and tunnels, as well as a few skyways, that connect a large percentage of campus. During the winter freeze, students can avoid the outside altogether through the tunnels under your feet.
• Walton Lillehei, a pioneer of open heart surgery, was a graduate of the University of Minnesota and one of its most accomplished alumni. He introduced new and more successful techniques that lead to advancements in heart surgery. He completed the first successful open heart surgery.
• Dwayne Haskins is the first Big Ten quarterback in conference history to have three games with at least five touchdown passes in one season.
• Over the last three games, WR Parris Campbell has caught 24 passes for 349 yards and four touchdowns.
• The Buckeyes’ defense has recorded at least six tackles-for-loss in every game this season.
• WRs K.J. Hill, Austin Mack and Parris Campbell each have at least one catch in all six games.
• Ohio State’s average of 7.0 yards per play in 13th best nationally. The Buckeyes have put up 500 yards or more of total offense in five of six games thus far.