Ohio State Autumn 2019 Student-Athlete Graduates
Commencement Photo Gallery
COLUMBUS, Ohio – At Ohio State Autumn Commencement Sunday, nearly 60 current and former Ohio State student-athletes will receive degrees. The ceremony will be held at 2 p.m. in the Jerome Schottenstein Center, with a video stream available HERE.
Among the 57 student-athletes graduates are national and conference champions.
The graduates include:
- Julia Rizk, the 2019 NCAA Indoor Mile Champion who holds Ohio State school records in the indoor mile and the outdoor 1,500m. Following graduation, she will train for the 2020 Olympic trials.
- Eight-time pistol All-American Anthony McCollum, who won the standard pistol national title in 2018 and the free pistol national title in 2017. He was a First Team All-American in all three disciplines in 2019, when he finished second in air pistol at the national championships.
- Samantha Prahalis, a member of the women’s basketball team from 2009-12 who finished her degree through the athletics department’s degree completion program. The four-time All-Big Ten honoree is one of seven players in school history to record 2,000 career points and she is the Big Ten’s all-time leader in career assists with 901.
- Alec Yoder, a two-time Big Ten champion on pommel horse for the men’s gymnastics Buckeyes. He garnered eight All-America honors in his career and was a three-time First Team All-Big Ten honoree.
- Seventeen members of the Buckeye football program are earning degrees, including 13 who are on the 2019 roster that won the Big Ten championship and will play in the College Football Playoff semifinal later this month.