Notable: Ohio State Scholar-Athlete
Personal Records: 60 – 8.15 | 60H – 8.61 | 100 – 12.66 | 100H – 13.76 | 200 – 26.39 | 400H – 1:03.61 | 800 – 2:26.88 | HJ – 1.60m/5’3″ | LJ – 5.67m/18’7.25″ | TJ – 11.70m/38’4.75″ | SP – 10.50m/34’5.5″ | JT – 30.91m/101’5″ | PENT – 3598 | HEP – 5148
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017-18)
• Recorded a career-best heptathlon score of 5,148 points at the Big Ten Championships, finishing sixth.
• Claimed second in the 100m hurdles with a time of 14.94 at the Ashland Alumni Open.
• Placed fourth in the 100m hurdles, clocking in at 14.10 at the Jesse Owens Classic.
• Took fourth in the heptathlon with a score of 4,923 at the Tennessee Relays.
• Claimed third in the 400m hurdles at a time of 1:04.21, also competing in the 100m hurdles and the long jump at the USC Power 5 Challenge.
• Ran a career-best 100m dash time of 12.66 and 400m hurdles time of 1:03.61 at the UCF Black and Gold Challenge.
• Finished 11th in the pentathlon with a personal-best score of 3,598 at the Big Ten Championships.
• Placed second in the long jump with a mark of 5.54m/18’2.25″ and third in the 60m hurdles with a time of 8.65 at the Buckeye Tune-Up.
• Ran a career-best 60m dash time of 8.15 at the Music City Challenge.
• Posted a personal-best 60m hurdles time of 8.61 and high jump of 1.60m/5’3″ at the Buckeye Invitational to open the season.
• Also competed at the Columbia Challenge in the 60m hurdles.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016-17)
• Used personal bests in the javelin throw (29.58m/97-0), 200m dash (26.39), 800m run (2:26.88), high jump (1.55m/5-1) and long jump (5.39m/17-8.25) to score a career-best 4,782 points in the heptathlon to place ninth at the Big Ten Championships.
• Placed ninth in the triple jump at the Tennessee Relays with a bound of 11.70m (38-4.75).
• Took 12th in the 100m hurdles at the Tennessee Relays with a readout of 14.92.
• Clocked a wind-aided 100m hurdle time of 14.34 at the Jesse Owens Classic to finish 12th.
• Scored points for Ohio State at the Big Ten Championships with an eighth-place finish in the pentathlon with a career-best score of 3,492 to help Ohio State place third as a team.
• Took bronze in the 60m hurdles at the Buckeye Classic with a time of 9.13.
• Placed fifth in the 60m hurdles at the Buckeye Tune Up with a readout of 8.75.
• Launched the shot put a career-best distance of 10.50m (34-5.50) at the Big Ten Championships.
• Registered personal best of 8.36 in the 60m dash at the Buckeye Classic to place 11th.
• Clocked a 8.99 in the 60m hurdles at the Auburn Invitational to place eighth.
• Time of 8.84 at the Spire Invite in the 60m hurdles garnered a ninth-place showing.
• Collected a seasonal-best long jump of 5.37m (17-7.50) at the Big Ten Championships.
• Cleared a season-best 1.50m (4-11.00) in the high jump at the Big Ten Championships.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Six-time state champion.
• Won state titles in the 55m hurdles and 100m hurdles in both 2014 and 2015 as a sophomore and junior.
• Claimed a state title in the triple jump at the 2015 MHSSAA 4A State Championships with a bound of 11.88 meters (39-3.75).
• Won 18 of 22 55m hurdle races in high school including 13 out of her last 14 as a junior and senior.
• Won 12 of 16 300m races dating back to sophomore year including 9 out of 10 in her final two years.
• Placed second at the 2016 MHSSAA 4A State Championships in the 300m hurdles with a time of 44.21.
• Collected silver at the 2015 MHSSAA 4A State Championships in the high jump with a clearance of 1.62 meters (5-4.00).
• Finished third as a sophomore at the state championships in the 300m hurdles (45.24) and high jump (1.52 meters).
• Daughter of Rhoshanda and Terrance Pyles.
• Has two siblings.
• Majoring in pharmaceutical sciences.