- CSCAA First Team All-American
- 200 Back (2020)
- 200 IM (2020)
- 400 IM (2020)
- CSCAA Honorable Mention All-American
- 400 IM (2018)
- 400 Free Relay (2018)
- 800 Free Relay (2018, 2019)
- Second Team All-Big Ten (2018)
- Big Ten Freshman of the Year (2018)
- CSCAA First Team Scholar All-American (2018, 2019 2020)
- Academic All-Big Ten (2019, 2020)
- Ohio State Scholar-Athlete (2018, 2019, 2020)
• 200 Backstroke – 1:52.86 (2018)
• 200 Freestyle – 1:44.48 (2019)
• 400 Free Relay – 3:13.35 (2018)
• 800 Free Relay – 6:59.62 (2019)
- Won the 200 Back in the season-opening meet at Texas A&M with a time of 2:02.83
- Was then part of the winning 400 Free Relay team (3:21.99) which bested both Penn State and Virginia Tech
- Swam the 200 and 400 IM as well as the 200 Back at the Toyota U.S. Open in Atlanta, Ga.
- Had a great showing at the Big Ten Championships, qualifying for the A finals in three events
- Took fifth in the 200 IM with a time of 1:57.29 after posting a season-best and NCAA B cut time of 1:57.14 in a swim-off to qualify for the finals
- Claimed the bronze medal in the 400 IM with another season-best time of 4:07.72
- Capped the event with a sixth-place finish in the 200 Back, touching the wall in a season-best 1:53.99
- As the leadoff leg for the 800 Free Relay, set a school record 200 Free time of 1:44.48 on the way to finishing 14th with a new school record time of 6:59.62 at the NCAA Championships
- Also a member of the 17th-place 400 Free Relay (3:15.36) and 21st-place 400 Medley Relay (3:32.91) at the NCAA Championships
- Competed individually in the 200 IM and 400 IM at the NCAA Championships
- Earned bronze in the 400 IM at the Big Ten Championships with a season-best time of 4:07.01, as well as finishing sixth in the 200 Back with a season-best of 1:54.49 and 10th in the 200 IM with a career-best time of 1:56.76, the No. 4 time in program history
- Leadoff leg of the 800 Free Relay at the Big Ten Championships, finishing fourth with a time of 7:02.93; anchored the 400 Medley Relay to fifth place with a time of 3:33.34. and the 400 Free Relay to fourth place with a time of 3:14.72
- Won the 400 IM (4:13.91) at the Shamrock Invitational
- Represented Ohio State at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, finishing fourth in the 400 IM (4:11.74) and eighth in the 200 Free (1:48.81)
- Swept the 200 Free (1:49.78) and 200 Back (1:58.37) vs. Virginia Tech and Penn State
- Led the team in the 200 Free, 200 Back and 400 IM; No. 2 in the 200 IM
- NCAA Qualifier in the 400 IM and as a member of the 400 and 800 Free Relay teams
- Used a personal-best 400 IM time of 4:04.56 to claim 10th at the NCAA Championships; also clocked a personal-best 200 Free time of 1:45.03 as the leadoff leg of the 800 Free Relay, helping the quartet to the second-fastest time in school history (7:03.29)
- Helped the 400 Free Relay team to a 10th-place finish (3:13.45) as the anchor leg at the NCAA Championships
- Earned a bronze medal in the 400 IM with a time of 4:06.90 at the Big Ten Championships
- Set a school record on the 400 Free Relay team with an overall time of 3:13.35, claiming silver at the Big Ten Championships
- Also finished fourth in the 200 Back (1:53.34), fifth as a member of the 800 Free Relay (7:04.14), and 14th int he 200 IM (1:58.50)
- Broke the program record in the 200 Back with a time of 1:52.86, placing third at the USA Winter Nationals; also recorded a personal-best 500 Free time of 4:41.41 at the event
- Opened her Ohio State career with a win in the 200 Free (1:50.02) against Kenyon
- Finished the season with 10 Top Five finishes at head-to-head meets
Prior to Ohio State
Swam at Long Beach high school for six years under coaches John Skudin and Lynn Volosevich.
Swam for the Long Island Aquatic Club under coaches Dave Ferris and Dominick Boccio.
2017 New York State Swimming and Diving Most Valuable Swimmer.
2017 NCSA Junior National Champion in the 400 individual medley with a time of 4:10.24.
Five-time high school All-American.
Holds three New York state records (200 medley relay, 100 backstroke and 100 butterfly).
2017 NCSA Junior National Championship High Point Scorer.
Won back-to-back titles in the 200 backstroke at the 2016 and 2017 Senior Metropolitan Winter Championships
- Daughter of Brenda and Michael Romano
- Has one sibling (Gabriel)
- Majoring in political science
- Owns five Puerto Rican national records (200 Free, 400 Free, 200 Back, 200 IM, 400 IM)
- Chose Ohio State because it is the best place in the world for her to pursue her goals in and out of the pool
- Has aspirations of going to law school after graduation
- Most memorable swimming moment of her life was becoming an 18 and under national champion in the 200 backstroke