Prior to Ohio State
• Competed for Akron University.
• 2019 MAC Champion (Outdoor 10,000M).
• First-team All-MAC (Outdoor 10,000M).
• Academic All-MAC honoree.
• Garnered second-team All-MAC accolades registering a career-best eighth-place finish in the men’s 8K at the MAC Championships (Oct. 27) crossing the line in 24:46.20.
• Recorded a team-best time of 32:07.65 (49th) at the NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 9).
• Helped Akron capture the team title at the All-Ohio Championships (Sept. 29) placing 11th in a time of 24:35.0.
• Also ran the course at the Penn State National (Oct. 12) in a team-best time of 26:00 to place 57th.
• Majoring in special education.
• Son of Vicki Kurtz.