Personal Records: 60m – 7.17 | 200m – 21.98 (I) | 400m – 48.22 (I), 48.61 (O) | 600m – 1:18.59 (I) | 4×400 – 3:16.14 (O) | DMR – 10:23.71 (I)
Ohio State Overview
• Tyrese is a senior who is majoring in chemical engineering.
• 2021 Big Ten First Team (indoor) – 4x400m relay
• 2020-21 OSU Scholar Athlete and All-Big Ten Academic honoree
• He ran a leg on the 2021 indoor Big Ten Champion 4x400m relay team.
• He competed at the 2018 Big Ten Conference indoor track and field championships in the 600 and was part of Ohio State’s championship-winning team.
• He also competed in the 600 at the 2019 Big Ten indoor championships.
• He is one of the more experienced middle distance performers on the team with numerous race wins throughout his career.
More on Tyrese
• Tyrese was third at the Maryland state track and field championships as a senior in both the 500 (1:06.57) and 300 (35.61).
• He won county titles both the 500 and 300.
• Named a senior captain.
• He qualified for the state meets three times as a prepster.
• Competed in the 200 as a senior at the New Balance Nationals.
• Terrific academically, he had a weighted cumulative grade point average of 4.02 and was a member of the National Honor Society, the Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society and the German Honor Society Delta Phi Alpha.
AS A JUNIOR
• Season Bests (I): 7.17 (60 Meters), 21.98 (200 Meters), 48.22 (400 Meters), 1:18.59 (600 Meters), 10:23.71 (Distance Medley Relay).
• Season Bests (O): 48.61 (400 Meters), 3:16.14 (4×400 Meter Relay).
• Season Wins: 600 meters at PSU Invite (Jan. 23), 4×400-Meter Relay (Jan.23), 4×400-Meter Relay (Big Ten Champions).
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Ran a career best 200-meter dash time of 22.44 at the Miami Power 5 Trailblazer Challenger.
• Member of the third place 4×400-meter relay team (3:15.07).
• Took second int he 4×400-meter relay at the Jesse Owens Classic (3:16.29).
• Ran a career best 400-meter dash time of 49.57 at Jim Green Invitational.
• Took sixth at the Simmons-Harvey Big Ten Invitational in the 600-meter run (1:21.27).
• Registered a career best 600-meter run time of 1:20.46 at the Rod McCravy Memorial Meet.
• Took home gold as a member of the distance medley relay team at the Clemson Tiger Paw Invite (10:09.33).
• Placed first in the 600-meter run at the Buckeye Tune-Up (1:21.58).
AS A FRESHMAN (2017-18)
• Running unattached, clocked a 400m time of 50.52 at the Jesse Owens Classic (April 20-21); also ran as the first leg on the sixth-place 4x400m relay team with an overal time of 3:21.28.
• Won the 600m with a time of 1:23.70 at the Buckeye Invitational (Jan. 5).
• Ran the second leg on the fourth-place distance medley relay team with atime of 9:59.21; member of the fifth-place 4x400m relay with a time of 3:17.45; also ran a 50.03 400m at the Kentucky Invitational (Jan. 12-13).
• Finished fifth in the 600m with a time of 1:23.18 at the Simmons-Harvey Quad (Jan. 20).
• Ran on the seventh-place 4x400m relay team with a time of 3:16.18; also clocked a career-best 49.82 in the 400m and a 600m time of 1:21.99 at the Meyo Invitational (Feb. 2-3).
• Won the 600m with a time of 1:21.62 at the Buckeye Tune-Up (Feb. 16).
• Registered a career-best 600m time of 1:21.21 at the Big Ten Indoor Championships (Feb. 23-24).