Personal Records : 60 – 6.83 | 200m – 20.85 | 400m – 45.07 (I)
Ohio State Overview
• Tyler is a graduate student who is majoring in sport industry.
• He is the leading points-scorer at Big Ten championships among all runners and competitors on the 2022 Ohio State team.
• He was a 2020 USTFCCA All-American after qualifying for the NCAA indoor championships in the 200, 400 and the 4×400 relay. He followed up in 2021 by being named a USTFCCCA All-American in the 400 and 4×400 for indoor and the 400 and 4×100 for outdoor.
• He qualified for the NCAA outdoor championships in 2019 and took 12th in the 400 and also competed on the 4×400 relay.
• His impressive resume at Big Ten championships includes scoring in six events at three championships, including team points in five individual events.
• Tyler is a three-time all-Big Ten Conference performer. He was named 2021 Big Ten Indoor Track Athlete of the Championships and was the 2021 Big Ten Outdoor Co-Athlete of the Championships.
• He finished as the Big Ten runner-up in the 200, the 400 and as part of the 4×400 relay at the 2020 Big Ten indoor championships.
• He was third in the 400 at the 2019 Big Ten outdoor championships.
• He also has a fifth-place effort in the 400 at the Big Ten indoor meet and a seventh in the 200 at the 2019 Big Ten outdoor championships.
• 2020-21 OSU Scholar Athlete and Academic All-Big Ten honoree.
• Tyler competed as a freshman at Eastern Michigan University before transferring to Ohio State.
As a Senior
• Season Bests (I): 6.83 (60 Meters), 20.86 (200 Meters), 45.07 (400 Meters), 3:07.45 (4×400-Meter Relay).
• Season Wins (I): 400 meters at Simmons-Harvey Invite (Jan. 16), 400 meters at PSU Invite (Jan. 23), 200 meters at SPIRE Big Ten Invite (Feb. 12), 400 meters at SPIRE B1G Invite (Feb. 12), 200 Meters at Big Ten Championships (Feb. 27), 400 Meters at Big Ten Championships (Feb. 27), 4×400-Meter Relay (Feb. 6), 4×400-Meter Relay (Feb. 12), 4×400-Meter Relay (Big Ten Championships).
• Season Wins (O): 39.72 (4×100 Meter Relay).
As a Sophomore
• Placed second in the 400-meter das (46.35), first in the 4×100-meter relay (40.49) and second in the 4×400-meter relay (3:12.95) at the Miami Power 5 Trailblazer Challenge.
• Brought home two silver medals at the Battle on the Bayou in the 4000-meter dash (46.21) and 4×400-meter relay (3:10.07).
• Placed third in the 4×100-meter relay at the Gamecock Invitational (39.16).
• Claimed three gold medals at the Jesse Owens Classic in the 200-meter dash (20.85), 400-meter dash (46.49) and 4×100-meter relay (39.40).
• Brought home two bronze medals at the Big Ten Championships in the 4×100-meter relay (39.57) and 400-meter dash (45.85).
• Claimed silver in the 4×400-meter relay at the Big Ten Championships as a team member.
• Placed fifth at the NCAA Division I East Region Prelims in the 400-meter dash.
• Competed in the NCAA Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships in the 400-meter dash and 4×400-meter relay.