Personal Records: 60m – 6.72 | 100m – 10.17 (O) | 200m – 20.39 | 400m – 52.43
Ohio State Overview
• Eric is a senior who is majoring in communications.
• He earned All-America honors as part of the Buckeyes NCAA runner-up 4×100 outdoor relay team in 2018 and was an honorable mention All-American honoree in 2021 in both the 200 and 4×100 relay outdoors.
• He is a veteran competitor at five Big Ten Conference track and field championships, including an outstanding meet to help the Buckeyes win the 2018 Big Ten outdoor title.
• At that 2018 outdoor meet, Eric won the 200 in 20.39, ran a leg on the Big Ten winning and record-setting 4×100-meter relay team (38.93) and placed third in the 100 (10.28).
• He was honored as Big Ten Freshman of the Year at the 2018 outdoor championships.
• He has made an individual event final six times at Big Ten championships.
• In addition to his 2018 efforts, Eric has a handful of point producing top performances at the conference championships: he placed fourth indoors in the 200 (2018; 20.87), fifth indoors in the 60 (2020; 6.72), and fifth indoors in the 200 (2020; 20.87).
AS A JUNIOR
• Season Bests (I): 21.12 (200 Meters).
• Season Bests (O): 10.17 (100 Meters), 20.52 (200 Meters), 39.72 (4×100 Meter Relay),
3:16.14 (4×400 Meter Relay).
• Season Wins: 200 meters at Simmons-Harvey Invite (Jan. 16), 200 meters at PSU Invite (Jan. 23), 60 meters at Silverston Invite (Feb. 19), 100 meters and 200 meters at Big Ten North Florida Invite (April 3).
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Took silver in the 4x400m relay at the Miami Power 5 Trailblazer Challenge (3:12.95).
• Placed second in the 200-meter dash at the Florida Relays (21.04).
• Brought home three silver medals at the Battle on the Bayou in the 100-meter dash ( 10.23w), 4×100-meter relay ( 40.06) and 4×400-meter relay (3:10.07).
• Ran a career best time of 10.26 in the 10-meter dash at the Gamecock Invitational.
• Placed fourth in the 200-meter dash at the Gamecock Invitational (20.52).
• Won the 4×100-meter relay at the Jesse Owens Classic (39.40).
• Took third in the 100-meter dash at the Jesse Owens Classic (10.36w).
• Won two silver medals at the Simmons-Harvey Big Ten Invitational in the 60-meter dash (6.72) and 4×400-meter relay ( 3:14.02).
• Claimed gold in the 200-meter dash with a time of 21.00 at the Rod McCravy Memorial Track and Field Meet.
• Took first in the 200-meter dash with a time of 21.15 and second in the 60-meter dash (6.72) at the Dr. Sander Columbia Challenge.
• Ran a career best 60-meter dash time of 6.68 at the Clemson Tiger Paw Invitational.
• Took ninth at the Big Ten Championships in the 60-meter dash (6.81).
AS A FRESHMAN (2017-18)
• Garnered USTFCCCA First Team All-America honors and set the school record as part of the silver-medal 4x100m relay team with a time of 38.67 at the NCAA Championships.
• Placed fourth in the 4x100m relay with a time of 38.91 while posting a 100m time of 10.25 and 200m time of 20.27w at the NCAA East Preliminary.
• Helped the men’s team to a Big Ten Championships, winning the Big Ten title in the 200m with a career-best time of 20.39 and in the 4x100m relay with a conference meet record time of 38.93; also garnered bronze in the 100m with a time of 10.28.
• Claimed first in the 4x100m relay and the 200m (20.59w) and second in the 100m with a time of 10.74 at the Drake Relays.
• Member of the first-place 4x100m relay team (40.17) and finished second in the 100m by clocking in at 10.45 at the Jesse Owens Classic.
• Finished second in the 4x100m relay (39.31) and the 200m (20.70), posting a fourth-place finish in the 100m (10.32) at the Tennessee Relays.
• Registered a third-place finish in the 100m with a time of 10.28 at the Jim Click Shootout.
• Ran on the second-place 4x100m relay team with a time of 39.26, also finishing third in both the 100m (10.45) and the 200m (20.84) at the USC Power 5 Challenge.
• Posted a 100m time of 10.66 at the UCF Black and Gold Challenge.
• Scored points for the Big Ten Champion men’s team with a fourth-place finish in the 200m (20.87) at the Big Ten Championships; also registered a 60m dash time of 6.82.
• Finished third in the 60m dash at the Buckeye Tune-Up, clocking in at 6.80.
• Claimed silver in the 200m with a time of 21.24 and clocked a 6.86 60m dash at the Music City Challenge.
• Won the 200m with a time of 21.23 and finished third in the 60m with a time of 6.79 at the Columbia Challenge.
• Added points for the Buckeyes at the Simmons-Harvey Quad with a third-place finish in both the 60m (6.85) and the 200m (21.30).
• Clocked in at 21.21 in the 200m dash for second place at the Kentucky Invitational, also finishing fifth in the 60m with a time of 6.80.
• Ran a career-best 60m time of 6.73 to open the season at the Buckeye Invitational; member of the second-place 4x400m relay team with a time of 3:29.63 as well.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Won two Washington Catholic Athletic Conference state titles in 2017 in the 100m (10.67) and 200m dash (21.33).
• 2017 DCSAA Indoor Track and Field state champion in the 55m dash with a time of 6.40 and 300m dash (35.11).
• Represented the United States at the IAAF World U20 Championships, winning gold in the 4x100m relay and bronze in the 100m and 200m
• Placed fourth in the 200m dash (21.47) and sixth in the 60m dash (6.84) at the 2017 New Balance Indoor Nationals earning All-America honors.
• Most Valuable Player for St. Johns High School in 2017.
• Placed fifth in the 60m dash a the 2016 New Balance Indoor Nationals with a clocking of 6.88.
• Member of Team NSAF that travelled to Cuba.
• 2017 New Balance Indoor All-American.
• Trained under coach Alonzo Ruffin.
• Son of Jaleen and Eric Harrison.
• Has one sibling (Paris).
• Majoring in communication.