Ohio State Overview
• Clarence is a junior who is majoring in constructions systems management.
• NCAA Indoor All-American in 2021 in the triple jump.
• All-Big Ten Second Team in both long jump and triple jump at the 2021 Big Ten indoor championships.
• He was a USTFCCA All-American in 2020 after qualifying for the NCAA indoor championships with the nation’s 11th-longest triple jump, a career-best effort of 16.09m.
• Scored points for the Buckeyes at the 2020 Big Ten indoor track and field championships after placing second in the triple jump with a leap of 15.88m.
More on Clarence
• Clarence led his Northwest High School team to the 2019 MPSAA track and field championship, scoring or having a part in 38 of of the team’s 79 points.
• At the 2019 Maryland state meet, he jumped a nation’s-best 51-10 ½ to win the triple jump, setting a new state 4A record in the process.
• He also won the long jump (23-2), placed second in the high jump (6-6) and ran a leg on the winning 4×100 relay team.
• He helped Northwest to three other state championships in track and field as well.
• He was named to the All-USA Today team in 2019 and a Track & Field News All-American.
As a Sophomore
• Season Bests (I): 7.53m/24-8 ½ (Long Jump), 16.26/53-4 ¼ (Triple Jump).
• Season Wins: Triple jump at Simmons-Harvey (Jan. 16), Triple Jump at SPIRE Big Ten Invite (Feb. 12)
• Placed second on both long jump and triple jump at B1G Championships and competed as a finalist at NCAAs before being unable to compete due to injury.