Personal Records : 600m – 1:17.97 | 800m – 1:49.52 | Mile – 4:21.21
Ohio State Overview
• Cameron is a senior who is majoring in consumer and family financial services.
• He transferred to Ohio State from LSU.
• He competed for the Buckeyes at the 2019 Big Ten outdoor championships in the 800 and the 2021 Big Ten indoor championships in the 600 and 800.
• 2021 NCAA indoor All-American Second Team (4×400).
More on Cameron
• Attended Oak Park High School in Detroit.
• Was the nation’s No. 1-ranked high-school recruit in the 800 meters in the Class of 2017.
• One of the most decorated 800-meter recruits in the history of high school track and field in the United States.
• Crowned the 2017 USA Track & Field Junior Champion in the event at the national finals in Sacramento, California, to rank No. 5 on the all-time U.S. high school list.
• He represented the United States at the 2017 Pan American Junior Championships in Lima, Peru, as the USATF Junior Champion.
• Won the 800 meters at the 2017 New Balance Indoor Nationals.
AS A JUNIOR
• Season Bests (I): 1:17.97 (600 Meters), 1:49.78 (800 Meters).
• Placed fourth in 600, 800 Meters at Big Ten Championships and 14th at NCAA Championships (4×400).
• Secured wins competing in the 600 at Simmons-Harvey and the 4×400-Meter Relay (Jan.23).
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Competed in the NCAA Division I East Region Prelim in the 800-meter dash.
• Ran a career best time of 1:49.52 in the 400-meter dash at the Akron-Campbell Wright Open.
• Won the 800-meter dash title at the Jesse Owens Classic (1:49.79).
• Placed second at the Battle on the Bayou in the 800-meter run (1:51.34).
• Took third in the 4×800-meter relay at the Miami Power 5 Trailblazer Challenge.
• Ran a personal best 800-meter dash time of 1:51.01 at the Alex Wilson Invite.
• Registered a personal best mile time of 4:21.21 at the Clemson Tiger Paw Invitational.
• Placed sixth in the 600-meter dash at the Rod McCravy Memorial Meet with a personal best time of 1:19.84.
• Took first as a member of the distance medley relay at the Jim Green Track & Field Invitational.