Personal Records: 200 – 21.70 | 300m – 34.44 | 400 – 47.66
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Competed in the NCAA Division I Championships as member the 4×400-meter relay team.
• Took silver at the Big Ten Championship in the 4×400-meter relay team.
• Ran a career best time of 21.78 at the Jesse Owens Classic in the 200-meter dash.
• Registered a career best 400-meter dash time of 47.66 at the Battle on the Bayou (47.66).
• Ran a career best indoor 200-meter dash time of 21.70 at the Big Ten Championships.
• Took third at the Buckeye Tune-Up with a career best 300-meter dash time of 34.44.
• Ran a season best time of 48.62 in the 400-meter dash at the Rod McCray Memorial Meet.
• Took fifth at the Dr. Sander Columbia Challenge as member of the 4×400-meter relay team.
AS A FRESHMAN (2017-18)
• Member of the second-place 4x400m relay team (3:06.72) and third-place 4x100m relay team (41.10); posted a 400m dash time of 48.58 at the UCF Black and Gold Challenge.
• Ran on the first-place 4x400m relay team with a time of 3:09.50 and recorded a career-best 400m time of 48.49, good for sixth place at the USC Power 5 Challenge.
• Helped the 4x200m relay team to a third-place finish (1:25.30) and the 4x400m relay to a fourth-place finish (3:08.38); also recorded a wind-aided 200m dash time of 21.65 and a 400m dash time of 48.86 at the Tennessee Relays.
• Registered a 400m fash time of 49.56 at the Jesse Owens Classic.
• Member of the second place 4x400m relay team with a time of 3:29.63 and finished third in the 400m dash with a time of 51.38 at the Buckeye Invitational.
• Led the 4x400m relay team to a first-place finish with a time of 3:12.88 and posted a 400m time of 49.97 at the Kentucky Invitational.
• Ran on the third-place 4x400m relay team at a time of 3:16.20 and registered a 400m dash time of 49.72 at the Simmons-Harvey Quad.
• Finished in sixth-place as part of the 4x400m relay team (3:18.61) and clocked a 400m dash time of 50.02 at the Columbia Challenge.
• Part of the seventh-place 4x400m relay team with a time of 3:15.43 and recorded a 22.23 200m dash and 49.40 400m dash time at the Music City Challenge.
• Took gold in the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:17.61 and claimed fifth in the 400m dash with a time of 50.75 at the Buckeye Tune-Up.
• Ran on the fourth-place distance medley relay team with a time of 9:46.21 and recorded a 400m dash time of 48.86 at the Big Ten Championships.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Was named All-State in track along with co-MVP at Reynoldsburg.
• Ran a personal best time of 10.81 at the OHSAA DI State meet in the 100m dash finishing fourth.
• Placed third at the OHSAA Region 3 meet in the 200m dash with a personal best time of 21.73.
• Made it to the Ohio Championship Finals for the 400m dash where he ran a personal best time of 49.78 earning third.
• Cleared a personal best height in high jump ( 5’10’’) at the Ohio Championship Finals placing third.
• Lettered three years in football under the direction of Buddy White.
• Named All-OCC 1st team and 2nd team All-District.
• Lettered all four years in basketball under the direction of Scott Davis.
• Was named defensive MVP senior year in basketball.
• Son of Joseph Sr. And Tameka Cooper.
• Has one older sister (Natalia).
• Majoring in health sciences exploration.
• Favorite pastimes include playing PlayStation 4 and watching movies.
• Father was a two time Ohio State football captain where he played linebacker.