Notable: two-time USTFCCCA First Team All-American | 2018 USTFCCCA Honorable Mention | 2017 First Team All-Big Ten selection | first leg of the school-record holding indoor 4x400m relay, winning gold at the Big Ten Championships with a time of 3:05.09 and helping the men’s team to its first conference title in 25 years | two-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete (2017-18) | 2018 Academic All-Big Ten selection | 2019 OSU Scholar-Athlete |
Personal Records: 60m – 7.00 |100m – 10.88| 200m – 21.10 | 300m – 34.40 | 400m – 46.94
AS A JUNIOR
• Competed in the NCAA Division I East Region Prelims.
• Apart of 4x100m relay team that placed third at Big Ten Championships.
• Took sixth at the Jesse Owens Classic in the 200m dash (21.57).
• Ran a personal best 100m dash time of 10.88 at the Virginia Challenge.
• Placed eighth in the 400m dash at the Battle on the Bayou (48.08).
• Ran a career best 400m dash time of 47.48 at the Alex Wilson Invite.
• Took first at the Rod McCravy Memorial Meet in the 4x400m.
• Ran a career best 200m dash time of 21.78 at the Jim Green track and field Invite.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017-18)
• Member of the 4x400m relay team that finished 19th at NCAA Championships with a time of 3:08.04 to earn a USTFCCCA Honorable Mention.
• Qualified for the 400m and the 4x400m relay at the NCAA East Preliminary; posted a career-best 400m time of 46.94 to finish 31st and finished eighth as a member of the 4x400m relay team (3:06.98) to advance to Nationals.
• Scored for Ohio State in the 400m dash with a seventh-place finish (47.04) and was a member of the ninth-place 4x400m relay team (3:10.65) and the Big Ten Championships.
• Ran on the second-place 4x400m relay team, clocking in at 3:06.78, and took fourth-place with a wind-aided 200m dash time of 21.14.
• Won the 200m dash at the Jesse Owens Classic by crossing the finish at a career-best 21.10 and also won the 4x100m relay with a time of 40.17; finished third in the 400m dash with a time of 47.24 and ran on the third-place 4x400m relay team (3:15.14).
• Posted a 200m dash time of 21.39 for sixth place and a 400m dash time of 48.14 for seventh at the Jim Click Shootout.
• Member of the first-place 4x400m relay team with a time of 3:09.50 and claimed fourth place in the 400m dash with a time of 47.79 at the USC Power 5 Challenge.
• Ran on both the second-place 4x400m relay (3:06.72) and the third-place 4x100m relay (41.10), and finished fifth in the 400m dash with a time of 47.75 at the UCF Black and Gold Challenge.
• Earned First Team All-America honors as a member of the eighth-place 4x400m relay team with a time of 3:05.95 at the NCAA Championships.
• Set a school record in the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:05.09 to become the Big Ten Champion team and capture the overall team championship; also posted a 400m dash time of 47.68 to finish 15th.
• Claimed third in the 200m dash with a time of 21.93 at the Buckeye Tune-Up.
• Member of the first-place 4x400m relay (3:07.27) and finished ninth in the 400m dash with a time of 47.64.
• Ran on the first-place 4x400m relay team with a time of 3:12.26 and recorded a 400m time of 48.98 at the Columbia Challenge.
• Took second as a member of the 4x400m relay team at a time of 3:10.44 and claimed fourth in the 400m by clocking in at 48.23 at the Simmons-Harvey Quad.
• Placed third in the 300m with a time of 34.78 at the Buckeye Invitational.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016-17)
• First leg of the 4x400m relay that finished seventh at the NCAA Championships to earn First Team All-America honors with a time of 3:05.27.
• First leg of the 4x400m relay squad that captured gold at the Big Ten Championships with a readout of 3:04.95 to help Ohio State finish second as a team.
• Helped the 4x400m relay register the fifth-fastest time in program history (3:03.51) at the NCAA East Preliminaries.
• Member of the 4x200m relay that earned gold at the Tennessee Relays with a clocking of 1:26.36.
• Member of the 4x400m relay at the Drake Relays (3:08.80) and Jesse Owens Classic (3:14.61) that registered second-place showings.
• Garnered bronze at the Jesse Owens Classic in the 400m dash (48.08).
• Guided the 4x100m relay to a fourth-place finish at the Baldy Castillo Invitational with a time of 39.85.
• Helped the 4x400m relay to a fifth-place showing at the Florida Relays with a clocking of 3:04.38.
• Member of the 4x400m relay that earned a sixth-place finish at the Baldy Castillo Invitational (3:10.49).
• Helped the 4x200m relay to a sixth-place showing at the Drake Relays (1:27.51).
• Finished in 10th place in the 400m dash at the Tennessee Relays with a readout of 48.55.
• Ran with the 4x100m relay at the Florida Relays to help the squad finish 12th with a time of 39.73.
• Registered career-best 400m dash of 47.66 at the Florida Relays to place 19th.
• Registered a 16th-place showing in the 400m dash at the Big Ten Championships (47.78).
• Member of 4x400m relay team that placed seventh at the Big Ten Championships with a time of 3:09.91.
• Helped the 4x400m relay squad capture gold at the Buckeye Tune Up (3:14.74) and Armory Track Invitational (3:11.94).
• Took second in the 300m dash with a career-best time of 34.30 at the Buckeye Tune Up.
• Member of the 4x400m relay that registered a third-place finish at the Auburn Invitational with a clocking of 3:18.41.
• Registered an eighth-place finish in the 400m dash at the Spire Invite with a readout of 47.90.
• Helped 4x400m relay finish eighth at the Spire Invite (3:13.96).
• Clocked a season-best 200m dash of 21.85 at the Auburn Invitational to finish ninth.
• Finished 15th at the Armory Track Invitational in the 200m dash with a readout of 22.20.
• Ran a career best of 7.00 in the 60m dash at the Armory Track Invitational to finish 20th.
• Clocked a season-best time of 47.80 at the Big Ten Championships to finish 17th in the 400m dash.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Swept titles in the 100m dash (10.79), 200m dash (21.85) and 400m dash (49.34) at the 2016 Columbus City League Championships
• Recorded a personal best in the 200m dash at the Hank Smith Invitational with a readout of 21.48 to capture gold.
• Notched personal-best 400m dash (48.81) at the Hank Smith Invitational to earn silver.
• Finished fourth in the 200m dash at the 2016 OHSAA Division II State Championships with a time of 22.08.
• Placed third in the 200m dash (21.69) and fourth in the 100m dash (10.89) at the 2015 OHSAA Division II State Championships.
• Registered personal-best 100m dash time of 10.65 as a junior at the Division II Regionals to earn gold.
• Competed at the 2015 New Balance Indoor Nationals.
• Played three years of football as a running back/wide receiver.
• Wrestled two years in the 138 and 145 weight class.
• Son of Monique and Dwight Burke.
• Has three siblings.
• Majoring in middle childhood education.