- Wolstein Classic All-Tournament Team (2022)
- Ohio State Scholar Athlete (2022)
- Named to the TopDrawerSoccer Top 100 Freshmen list (No. 36)
- Played in all 16 games (1,476 minutes) attempting one shot on the year
Nathan Demian File
- Son of David and Ruth Demian
- Has six siblings: Daniel, Rachel, Michael, Anna, Ben and Joel
- Attended Burnaby Central Secondary, University Hill Secondary in Vancouver
- Played club soccer for the Vancouver Whitecaps as a defender from 2015-21
- Member of Team Canada in 2017 (U15) and 2019 (U17)
- Was a captain for the U15 team and assistant captain for the U19 squad for Team Canada
- Has been a captain at every age group (U14-U23) from 2015-21.
- Hopes to play professional soccer at the highest level someday and then pursue a career in medicine
- Enjoys spending time with friends, playing soccer, basketball and Spikeball
- Follows the Seattle Seahawks, Toronto Raptors and watches any available soccer game
- Plays FIFA and Mario Kart with family and enjoys snowboarding and being outdoors
- Comes from an athletic family. Siblings and cousins are involved with athletics in both Canada and the United States. A cousin, Joel Harrison, plays soccer for Michigan.
Why I Chose Ohio State …
“I chose Ohio State because I believe it is the best fit for me to continue my athletic and academic endeavors. Ohio State has a long and rich history in athletics filled with numerous championships across many sports. I want to do my part in taking the Men’s Soccer Program there as well.
“My good friend Deylen Vellios also attends Ohio State and is someone who I have played with in Vancouver and for the National Team for many years. He only had good things to say about the program and a school as a whole.
“It was very important for me to go somewhere where I believe we can win the National Championship and I believe with the coaching staff and the players we have here we definitely can.”
Quoting Coach Maisonneuve — Nathan Demian
“We are very excited to wrap up our 2021 recruiting class with the announcement of Nathan Demian! He comes to us from a great background with Vancouver and has been a regular with Canada’s youth national teams. Nathan has one of the highest soccer IQ’s I have seen in a player his age. His ability to read the game and be proactive on and off the ball makes him and everyone around him better. Having captained for both club and country, he brings a natural leadership and maturity to the field that will help him make an impact sooner than later. We couldn’t be more excited to have Nathan in Columbus this fall!”