Ohio State Overview
• Has played in 30 games over the last three seasons at defense and also long stick midfield
• Totals of 28 ground balls and four caused turnovers
• OSU Scholar-Athlete majoring in finance
2020 (Junior Season)
• Played in all seven games as a long stick midfielder
• Totaled nine ground balls
• Season-high three ground balls vs. Detroit Mercy and Notre Dame
2019 (Sophomore Season)
• Played in all 12 games as a long stick midfielder.
• Had at least one ground ball in nine of 12 contests with a season-high four vs. Bucknell (2/23).
• Helped the Buckeyes’ defense hold four of their first six opponents to 10 goals or less.
• Part of the Huntington Bucks Go Pro 2.0 class and is slated to intern this summer with Tide Creek Financial.
• Named an OSU Scholar-Athlete.
2018 (Freshman Season)
• Played in 11 of 15 games, including four of five Big Ten contests.
At Oakland Mills
• Four-time team captain and the 2017 Howard County Player of the Year.
• Finalist for the C. Markland Kelly Award, given annually to the top player in the state of Maryland.
• Two-sport athlete who also was an all-county selection on the football field.
• Second team All-Metro from the Baltimore Sun and Washington Post.
• As a sophomore and junior, was selected for the Under Armour Underclass Tournament.
• MSLCA Public School first team All-State selection.
• The son of Sue and Jim Riss.
• Has one sibling, an older brother.
• Lists his greatest sports thrill as scoring the game-winning goal in overtime to complete a come-from-behind victory over cross-town rival Wilde Lake.
• Member of the National Honors Society and Oakland Mills Choir.