• Two-time USILA All-American, earning honorable mention honors in 2017 and third team accolades in 2018.
• 2018 Inside Lacrosse Honorable Mention All-American.
• One of just three Buckeye freshmen all-time to earn USILA All-America accolades.
AS A JUNIOR (2019)
• Selected as a member of the All-Big Ten first team.
• Did a little bit over everything from his short stick defensive midfield position: four goals, four assists, 36 ground balls and two caused turnovers.
• One of 25 nominees nationwide from the Tewaaraton Award.
• Named a midseason All-American by Inside Lacrosse.
• Scored a season-high two goals vs. Marquette (3/2).
• Picked up six ground balls in a 17-10 win over Boston University (2/9).
• At least one ground ball in 11 of 12 games.
• An OSU Scholar-Athlete who is majoring in sport industry.
• Is part of the Huntington Bucks Go Pro 1.0 class this summer and is a coaching intern.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2018)
• First team All-Big Ten.
• Third team USILA All-American.
• Three-time Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week (2/19, 4/17, 5/1).
• Inside Lacrosse honorable mention All-American.
• Played in all 15 games and had 45 ground balls, second most on the team.
• Five or more ground balls in four games, including a season-high eight against No. 9 Rutgers (4/28).
• Ranked second in the Big Ten in ground balls per game in conference play (4.80/game).
• Scored four goals and added five assists and seven caused turnovers from his short stick defensive midfield position.
AS A FRESHMAN (2017)
• Earned Honorable Mention All-America honors.
• Played in first 18 games at short stick defensive midfield.
• Injured in NCAA Tournament first round game and missed final three outings.
• 11 points, on five goals and six assists, along with 28 groundballs.
• At least one groundball in all but four games.
• Picked up five loose balls at Michigan April 15.
• Goal and two assists for three points vs. Denver March 19.
• In Mid-west Lacrosse Classic had a goal and an assist against Bellarmine March 5 and scored at Marquette March 3.
• Four groundballs and an assist vs. Detroit Mercy Feb. 11.
• Scored vs. Furman in first game as a Buckeye Feb. 11.
• Also tallied against Penn state April 2.
• Caused three turnovers.
• An Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.
AT WILSON HIGH SCHOOL
• 2016 Berks County Player of the Year and first team all-county.
• Two-time captain.
• Won team’s Offensive MVP award.
• Top 5 in the state in points (127) and assists (64); assist total was a District 3 record for a single season.
• Member of four county championship squads and team won district title in 2016.
• Played for NXT lacrosse club.
• Also played soccer and earned second team all-county honors and was a two-time letterwinner as a goalie for the water polo team.
• Son of Donna and Mark.
• Has two older siblings, Zack and Maddie, who is on the women’s lacrosse team at Oregon.
• Would like to be a lacrosse coach.
• Enjoys hiking, playing ping pong and watching movies.
Terefenko on why he chose Ohio State
“I chose Ohio State because of the numerous majors and the academic opportunities it provides. The rich history, traditions and athletic facilities are second to none. Also, I wanted to compete for Big Ten championships and national championships. Combine all of that with a great coaching staff and I just knew Ohio State was the right place for me.”