• Team captain as a senior in 2019.
• Senior CLASS Award candidate.
• Voted team’s Most Outstanding Freshman in 2016.
AS A SENIOR (2019)
• Played in and started all 12 games at close defense.
• Ran his consecutive starts streak to 48 straight games.
• Led the team with 16 caused turnovers.
• Named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week on Feb. 12 after picking up five ground balls and causing two turnovers vs. Boston University (2/9).
• Averaged 1.33 caused turnovers per game, the most by an Ohio State defensemen since Keenan Ochwat in 2012.
• Caused a season-high three caused turnovers vs. Notre Dame.
• Picked up at least one ground ball in 11 of 12 games.
• Helped Ohio State’s defense hold four of its opponents to 10 goals or less.
• OSU Scholar-Athlete who graduated in May with a degree in finance.
AS A JUNIOR (2018)
• Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week (3/6/18) and picking up 10 ground balls and causing five turnovers in games versus Marquette and Detroit.
• Started all 15 contests and ran his consecutive starts streak to 36 games dating back to the 2017 season.
• Helped Ohio State finish the regular season with the Big Ten’s best scoring defense, allowing an average of just 8.52 goals per game.
• The Buckeyes allowed just 7.00 goals per game over their last four contests – all against ranked teams.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017)
• Started all 21 games at close defense.
• 15 groundballs and six caused turnovers.
• Had four groundballs and a caused turnover at Rutgers April 29, with two shots on goal.
• Picked up two groundballs and caused two turnovers at Notre Dame March 25.
• Buckeye defense ranked 11th in the NCAA and first in the Big Ten, holding opponents to 8.38 goals per game.
• Earned Ohio State Scholar-Athlete accolades and was named to the Academic All-Big Ten team.
• Won gold medal with Team USA at the Under-19 World Championship.
• Played in five games and had four groundballs.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016)
• Played in all 15 games.
• Team’s Most Outstanding Freshman.
• Fourth on the team with 26 groundballs and tied for second with seven caused turnovers.
• Four groundballs and two caused turnovers at Johns Hopkins April 9.
• Four groundballs and caused a turnover vs. Towson March 15.
• Picked up three loose balls and had a caused turnover at Maryland April 24.
• Two caused turnovers vs. UMBC Feb. 26.
• Three groundballs vs. Notre Dame March 26.
• An Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.
GARDEN CITY HIGH SCHOOL
• Four-year letterwinner for the Trojans.
• Two-time all-county honoree.
• Earned Most Outstanding Defenseman honor and served as team captain in 2015.
• Played for FLG club program.
• Also a two-year letterwinner in both football and ice hockey.
• Team won 2015 conference championship.
• Earned football defensive MVP honors in 2014.
• Son of Michael and Renee.
• Has an older brother, Michael.
• Father played football at Hofstra.
• Cousin Joe Vitale played collegiate lacrosse at Adelphi and in the MLL.
• Uncle Don Borges played lacrosse at C.W. Post and in the MLL.
• Finance major.
Borges on why he chose Ohio State
“I chose Ohio State for a few reasons. I immediately saw the passion Coach Myers and his staff had for the players, which makes it so much more than a team, it’s a family. I also fell in love with the campus and the atmosphere as a whole the first time I got out there. It’s truly something special to be a part of. Ohio State will give me the opportunity to succeed on and off the field.”