• Received team’s Outstanding Scholar-Athlete Award in 2016 after posting the highest grade-point average on the team.
• A four-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete, two-time Academic All-Big Ten selection and two-time Big Ten Distinguished Scholar (3.70 GPA or better).
AS A REDSHIRT JUNIOR (2019)
• Started all 12 games as a midfielder.
• Scored five goals and handed out eight assists for 13 points.
• Started the season with points in consecutive wins over Cleveland State (2/2) and Boston University (2/9).
• Season-high three points on two goals and an assist versus Cleveland State.
• Handed out two assists in a 14-8 win over Hofstra (3/9).
• Had two goals and two assists in five Big Ten games.
• Finished the season with at least one point in six of the final seven games.
• OSU Scholar-Athlete.
• Graduated in May with his degree in finance.
• Will intern during the summer of 2019 as part of Huntington Bucks Go Pro 2.0 at Rockbridge Capital in Columbus.
• Career goal is to work in private equity.
• “I want to get more experience in the financial world, especially with a focus on private equity and real estate.”
AS A REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE (2018)
• Played in all 15 games and started eight times.
• Scored seven goals and added five assists for 12 points.
• Had back to back multi-goal games at the Midwest Lacrosse Classic versus Marquette and Detroit Mercy.
• At least one point in three of the final four games.
• Three game multi-point streak in contests versus Jacksonville, Marquette and Detroit Mercy.
• Spent part of the summer of 2017 in Thailand on a trip with Soles4Souls.
• Big Ten Distinguished Scholar, Academic All-Big Ten and OSU Scholar-Athlete
AS A REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (2017)
• Played in all 21 games.
• 15 goals and six assists for 21 points.
• Scored twice vs. Duke in NCAA quarterfinals May 20.
• Three points, with two goals, against Johns Hopkins April 9 and Bellarmine March 5.
• Three goals and an assist for four points vs. Detroit Mercy Feb. 11 and had two goals against Jacksonville Feb. 25.
• Scored vs. Furman Feb. 6 in first collegiate game.
• Also tallied goals against Cleveland State (March 11), Towson (March 15) and Rutgers (April 29).
• Added an assist vs. the Vikings.
• Picked up 15 groundballs, including two in four games.
• Big Ten Distinguished Scholar, Academic All-Big Ten and Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016)
• Did not see game action because of injury.
• An Ohio State Scholar Athlete and team’s Outstanding Scholar-Athlete Award recipient.
AT XAVERIAN BROTHERS HIGH SCHOOL
• Four-year starter for the Hawks.
• Squad won 2013 Division I State Championship; scored the overtime winner to send the team to the state championship.
• Served as team captain as a senior.
• Member of three conference championship squads.
• 58 goals and 40 assists as a junior en route to all-conference honors.
• 15 goals and 55 assists as a sophomore.
• Played for Fighting Clams club program.
• Also played football.
• National Honors Society member.
• Son of Robert and Carole.
• Has two older siblings, Sarah and Garret.
• Father played lacrosse at New Hampshire from 1977-79.
• Operations management major.
• Enjoys going to the beach and spending time with his family and dogs.
Buckley on why he chose Ohio State
“I chose Ohio State because of the academic reputation, athletic tradition and connection I felt with the coaching staff. It felt like home the minute I stepped on campus.”