• Three-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and an Academic All-Big Ten choice.
AS A SENIOR (2019)
• Played in all 12 games as a short stick defensive midfielder.
• Had 12 ground balls, including two against Cleveland State (2/2), Bucknell (2/23), Hofstra (3/9) and Michigan (4/26).
• Was Ohio State’s Big Ten Sportsmanship Honoree.
• A finalist for the Yeardley Reynolds Love (“YRL”) Unsung Hero Award.
• Candidate for the Senior CLASS Award.
• Named an OSU Scholar-Athlete for the fourth consecutive year.
• Majoring in finance.
AS A JUNIOR (2018)
• Played in all 15 games as a defensive midfielder and scooped up 21 ground balls to go along with a goal and two assists.
• Had a season-high four ground balls at No. Johns Hopkins (4/7).
• Scored a goal in a 15-9 victory against No. 20 Boston University and had two assists at Jacksonville, including the pass that led to the game-tying goal with one second remaining.
• Caused 10 turnovers – two against No. 20 Boston University, Towson and Rutgers and one each against Detroit Mercy, Johns Hopkins, Penn State and Maryland.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017)
• Saw action in all 21 games.
• Had three goals and three assists for six points, with 25 groundballs and 10 caused turnovers.
• Scored in each NCAA Tournament game in Foxborough; added a caused turnover vs. Towson May 27 in the semifinals and had four groundballs against Maryland in the final May 29.
• Assist and two caused turnovers vs. Loyola in the NCAA Tournament first round May 14.
• Assist, two groundballs and caused a turnover vs. Johns Hopkins in the Big Ten Tournament May 4.
• Four groundballs vs. UMass Feb. 18.
• Scored a goal at Penn State April 2.
• Assist vs. Bellarmine March 5.
• In all, eight games with two or more groundballs.
• Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and Academic All-Big Ten recipient.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016)
• Played in all 15 games and had 17 groundballs, five caused turnovers and two points on a goal and an assist.
• Four groundballs and a caused turnover at Hofstra March 12.
• Three groundballs vs. Detroit Feb. 13 and Denver March 19.
• Two groundballs and a caused turnover vs. UMBC Feb. 16.
• Goal and had a groundball vs. Marquette March 4.
• Assist and a groundball at Johns Hopkins April 9.
• An Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.
AT MOUNDS VIEW HIGH SCHOOL
• Four-year letterwinner for the Mounds View Mustangs, earning Team MVP award three times.
• Received All-Suburban East Conference accolades three times.
• Two-time all-section honoree.
• Named all-state as a junior.
• Led squad in scoring three times.
• Played for Minnesota Loons club program.
• Also played football, earning conference defensive player of the year, all-state, all-section and all-conference accolades.
• Participated in Youth in Government and a House of Charity volunteer.
• Son of Tom and Pam.
• Has a brother, Samuel.
• Management and industry exploration major.
• Enjoys fishing, basketball, boating and spending time with friends.
Maccani on why he chose Ohio State
“I chose Ohio State not only for its very competitive and successful lacrosse program, but because I know I will be receiving a top notch quality education and will be making a network of connections. Through the lacrosse program’s success, the wonderful coaches, grade A athletic facilities and great academics, I knew Ohio State was the right choice.”