Follow on Social Media
- 2022 Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholar
- 2023 All-American on rings, finishing third with a personal-best score (14.600) and a stuck dismount
- All-Big Ten Second Team (2022, 23)
- Three-time OSU Scholar Athlete (21, 22, 23)
- Academic All-Big Ten (2022, 23)
- CGA Scholar All-American First Team (2021)
- Big Ten Distinguished Scholar Athlete (2022)
- Big Ten Gymnast to Watch (2023)
- College Gymnastics Association Specialist of the Week (Feb. 23, 2022)
- Named Big Ten Freshman of the Week on March 10
- Floor: 9.150
- Pommel Horse: 9.000
- Rings: 14.600
- Vault: 14.800
- Parallel Bars: 13.750
- High Bar: 13.600
- All-Around: 71.500
As a Senior (2023)
- Top-25 national rankings (based on national-qualifying average): rings (6th – 14.106), vault (17th – 14.413)
- Earned the two-highest OSU rings scores of the season – 14.600 at the NCAA Championships (4/15) and 14.350 at Michigan (1/28)
- Competed on rings and vault at the NCAA Championships: finished third on rings (14.600) with a PR and a stuck dismount, tied for 12th on vault (14.533)
- In the Big Ten individual event finals: was the runner-up on rings (14.175)
- Was part of the rings and vault lineups every meet this season
- Won the rings competition three times – at No. 6 Michigan (14.350), at No. 11 Army (14.000) and against No. 6 Nebraksa/No. 14 Greenville
- Other top-three rings finishes: second against No. 4 Illinois (14.100), second at the Big Ten team championships (13.950), third at the Windy City Invite (13.600)
- Top-three vault finishes: second against No. 4 Illinois (14.500) and second at No. 11 Army (14.300)
- Finished third on high bar at No. 11 Army (13.600)
- Stuck his dismount on high bar against No. 4 Illinois (13.150) and against No. 1 Oklahoma/No. 4 Penn State (11.850)
As a Junior (2022)
- Ranked third nationally on rings (14.213 average)
- Posted the highest rings score on the team this season with a career-high 14.450 during the Big Ten Championship Team Finals to lead all competitors
- Finished tied for third on rings (14.050) at the Big Ten Championships during individual competition
- Tied for the best scoring vault for the Buckeyes this season with a career-high 14.800 in the tri-meet against No. 10 Army and No. 12 William & Mary to win the event
- Had a career-best 13.750 on parallel bars against New York Alliance
- Earned six wins on rings this season: No. 4 Michigan (14.200), No. 7 Penn State (14.200), No. 2 Oklahoma (14.000), No. 4 Nebraska (14.300), Big Ten Team Championships (14.450), NCAA Qualifiers (14.166)
- Had 11 other top-three finishes, including five on rings, three on vault, two on high bar and one on parallel bars
As A Sophomore (2021)
- Scored a team best and a personal best on rings (14.100) at No. 3 Nebraska
- Also had personal bests on vault (14.600) and high bar (13.200) at No. 3 Nebraska
- Competed at the Big Ten Championships on rings (13.100) and vault (13.850)
- Competed at NCAA Qualifiers on rings (12.166), vault (14.300) and high bar (11.966)
As A Freshman (2020)
- Twice recorded a season best on vault (14.450) – at Penn State, against Iowa/NIU
- Also had a season best on rings (13.800) against Iowa/NIU
- Recorded a season best on high bar (12.750) against ASU/Cal/Stanford
- Season ended early due to COVID-19 pandemic
Prior to Ohio State
- Trained at Paragon National Training Center for 2 years under Kevin Preston.
- Placed 4th in high bar and vault at US Championships in 2019.
- US Championship qualifier in 2018 and 2019.
- Son of Janice Swugert.
- Brother to Kyle, Kamille, and Kamaale Swugert.
- Majoring in political science.
- Hopes to attend law school and become a civil rights or immigration lawyer.
- Favorite past times include playing basketball and football and cooking.
- Greatest sports thrill is sticking a dismount that makes the crowd go crazy.