Ohio State Overview
• Noah is in his sixth season after playing four years for North Carolina and 2021 with Ohio State
• The 2022 season will be his final season of eligibility
• He joined the Ohio State football program in June of 2021 as a graduate transfer with his degree in sports management from UNC
• Handled all of the kicking placements for Ohio State last season and was outstanding, being named a finalist for the Lou Groza Award and earning first-team All-America status by ESPN
• Ranked No. 1 nationally among kickers in 2021 with 10.3 ppg and was fourth among all players in scoring average
• Connected on 20 of 21 field goals to rank in a T2nd with a .952 success rate
• His .952 field goal percentage is an Ohio State single season and career record
• Scored 134 points to rank T7th nationally in points scored
• Converted on all 74 of his extra point attempts and has made 119 of 119 extra points as a collegian (45 of 45 at UNC)
• Set an Ohio State record for kickers with 134 points scored, a total that is sixth-most among all players at Ohio State
• His 20 field goals made are fourth-most in Ohio State history
• Connected on 16 consecutive field goals – second-longest streak in school history – before missing on his only attempt vs. Michigan State
• Big Ten co-special team’s player of the week after kicking four field goals in the Penn State win
• Followed Penn State game with four field goals vs. Nebraska to become first Buckeye to convert 4-of-4 field goals in consecutive games
Honors & Awards
2021: First-team All-American (ESPN); Lou Groza Award finalist; Second-team all-Big Ten Conference
At North Carolina
• Ruggles’ best season with the Tar Heels came in 2019 when he appeared in all 13 games and was fifth in the ACC in scoring with 102 points.
• Made 19 of 27 field goals and connected on all 45 of his PATs.
• His 19 made field goals and 45 extra points were both fifth most in single-season program history.
• Made a 40-yard field goal with seven minutes remaining in the fourth quarter which was the winning score in a 20-17 victory over rival Duke.
• He also connected on a 49-yard field goal – a career long – versus Wake Forest.
• Redshirted as a true freshman in 2017 and appeared in one game during the 2018 season before earning the starting kicker duties in 2019.
• His 2020 season was limited to just one appearance, a made PAT versus Western Carolina.
• For his career, Ruggles was 48-for-48 on extra points and 19-for-27 on field goals with 10 makes from between 30 and 49 yards.
More on Noah
• Attended Steinbrenner High School and was the nation’s No. 9 ranked kicker by 247Sports following his prep career.
• A first-team Class 8A All-State selection, Ruggles was the Offensive MVP of the Hillsborough All-Star Game.