• 19-game starter at center of the Buckeyes
• Named to Rimington Award watch list
• Earned startng center job in ’21 fall camp
• Second with 860 snaps from scrimmage
Ohio State Overview
• Is in his third year with the program and has four seasons of eligibility remaining, including 2022
• Won starting center position in prior to the start of the 2021 season and started all 13 games last year
• Second on the team with 860 snaps from scrimmage
• Earned honorable mention all-Big Ten honors by media panel
• Helped Ohio State’s offense rank No. 1 in the nation in total offense (561.5) and scoring offense (45/7)
• Ohio State’s offense also ranked in the Top 5 nationally in 2021 in passing (3rd; 380.9), passing efficiency (2nd; 182.3) and third down conversions (2nd; 52 pct.)
• Played in one game as a true freshman for the Big Ten and Sugar Bowl champion Buckeyes in 2020
• Is exploring majors in management and industry
Honors & Awards
2021: OSU Scholar-Athlete; Academic All-Big Ten Conference
2020: OSU Scholar-Athlete
More on Luke
• A top-100 nationally-ranked prospect who earned a four-star designation by 247Sports.com, Rivals and ESPN.
• The No. 1-rated player in New Jersey according to 247Sports.com and the No. 96 player overall.
• Projects as either a guard or center in college.
• The No. 2-ranked center in the country by 247Sports.com and was the No. 3-ranked guard at the time of his commitment.
• Played tackle for head coach Augie Hoffmann at St. Joseph Regional.
• Was a three-year starter.
• Helped the Green Knights go 10-2 and win the NJSIAA Non-Public Group IV state championship in 2018, the school’s 18th state football title.
• Led the way for a rushing attack that netted nearly 2,500 yards and averaged more than 200 yards/game.
• Earned first-team All-State honors by NJ.com.
• A 2018 MaxPreps Junior All-American.
• Played in the Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio.
• Is the son of Al Wypler and Michele Desimone.