Pronunciation: PAH-lah-ee-aye NAH-oh-tay-oh-tay
Ohio State Overview
• Palaie is in his second season with the Ohio State program and his fifth year overall as a collegiate football player
• He has one season of eligibility remaining
• Played in eight games for the Buckeyes in 2021
• Recorded nine tackles on the season, including one tackle-for-loss and a partial sack
• Also recovered a fumble vs. Purdue
More on Palaie
• Transferred to Ohio State from Southern California in June of 2021
• Appeared in 20 games with 14 starts over his three-year USC career.
• Totaled 105 tackles, including 7.5 for loss, and two sacks.
• His best statistical season came as a sophomore in 2019 when he amassed 58 tackles in eight games, including a career high 14 vs. Utah.
• A 2017 Max Preps first team All-American as a senior at Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas.
• USA Today All-Nevada Defensive Player of the Year and Polynesian High School Football Player of the Year finalist.
• Is the cousin of senior DT and All-American Haskell Garrett
• His uncle is Ma’a Tanuvasa, a defensive end at Hawaii (1990-92), then with the Denver Broncos (1995-2000), where he won two Super Bowls.