Ohio State Overview
• Joined the Ohio State program in the spring of 2020 as a graduate transfer from the University of Oklahoma
• Amassed over 2,000 yards rushing and scored 25 touchdowns in three seasons with the Sooners
• Was part of three Sooner teams that won the Big 12 title and earned invitations to the College Football Playoff.
• In the 2018 CFP Semifinals vs. Georgia, Sermon ran for 34 yards on two carries with a long of 31 yards.
• The next year, he scored a touchdown in a semifinal game vs. Alabama at the Orange Bowl.
• Played in 37 games from 2017-19
• His most productive season was in 2018 as a sophomore when he rushed for 947 yards and scored 13 rushing touchdowns while adding 12 receptions for 181 yards
• An honorable mention All-Big 12 selection, his top game was a 26-carry, 206-yard effort in a 51-46 win over Texas Tech. He finished sixth in the Big 12 in total rushing yards and second in rushing TDs
• Played in all 14 games and started three times as a freshman in 2017
• The Big 12’s Offensive Freshman of the Year, he was second on the team in both rushing yards (744) and rushing touchdowns (five)
• Ironically, he scored his first career touchdown at Ohio Stadium – a 10-yard reception from Baker Mayfield – in the fourth quarter of the Sooners’ 31-16 win over the Buckeyes
• His 2019 season was cut short after nine games due to injury, but he still managed to start four times and ranked second on the team with a 7.1 yards-per-carry average
• For his career, Sermon carried the ball 339 times for 2,076 yards (6.1 yards/carry), scored 22 touchdowns and caught 36 passes for 391 yards and three scores