Ohio State Ovreview
• Ryan Batsch is in his third season with the Ohio State football program after initially walking on to the team in the summer of 2018.
• Is exploring majors
Honors & Awards
2020: Big Ten Distinguished Scholar
2019: Academic All-Big Ten and OSU Scholar-Athlete
More on Ryan
• A three-sport athlete where he played football, volleyball and basketball at Loveland High School.
• Was a team captain in football for head coach Fred Crawford.
• Earned National Football Foundation Scholar-Athlete honors.
• Second team All-Ohio as a senior.
• First team all-area as a defensive back by Cincinnati.com.
• First team All-Eastern Cincinnati Conference.
• Selected as Loveland’s special teams MVP.
• Had a pair of interceptions in eight games as a senior.
• Caught 10 passes for 183 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
• As a volleyball player, was selected the Eastern Cincinnati Conference co-Player of the Year and honorable mention all-state.
• Team captain.
• Member of the National Honors Society.
• Is the son of Dan and Julie Batsch.
• Dan and Julie were both athletes at Wisconsin: Dan played football and Julie played basketball.