Ohio State Overview
• Joined the Ohio State football program in June of 2019 as a graduate transfer after earning his degree in agricultural economics at the University of Kentucky.
• Made his Buckeye debut in a 42-0 win over Cincinnati and completed his first pass – nine yards to Jaelen Gill – the following week at Indiana.
• Threw a 61-yard touchdown pass to Jameson Williams versus Miami (Ohio).
• Also saw action vs. Maryland and Rutgers, completing passes in both games.
• Finished the year six-for-six for 104 yards and one touchdown.
At the University of Kentucky and Dublin Coffman H.S.
• Redshirted as a true freshman in 2016, did not see any game action in 2017 and appeared in five contests in 2018, completing 13 of 26 passes for 167 yards and two scores.
• Was a four-star prospect, ranked No. 14 among quarterbacks nationally and No. 12 among prospects in Ohio.
• Had 1,798 yards through the air and 14 touchdowns with only six interceptions during his senior season while playing for head coach Mark Crabtree.
• As a junior, he was named the Central District Player of the Year and threw for 2,584 yards with 30 touchdowns and just three interceptions.
A Buckeye Family
• Gunnar’s dad, Frank, uncle Fred Pagac and cousin, Fred Pagac Jr., all played football for the Buckeyes.
• Fred was an assistant coach under Woody Hayes (1978), Earl Bruce (1979-87) and John Cooper (1988-2000), serving as the team’s defensive coordinator from 1996 through 2000.
• Is the son of Frank and Holly Hoak.