Follow on Social Media
Tik Tok: @eugenebrown3_
- Academic All-Big Ten (2022)
- OSU Scholar-Athlete (2022)
AS A SOPHOMORE (2021-22)
- Appeared in 26 of the 32 games and made 10 starts
- Averaged 3.5 points and 2.4 rebounds per game
- Shot 44.2 percent from the floor and made eight three-pointers
- Made a pair of three-pointers and finished with a then career-high 12 pts vs. Bowling Green (11/15)
- Pulled-down a career-high 8 rebounds at Xavier (11/18)
- Returned to the court after missing four games with a concussion and made his only shot attempt vs. Towson (12/8)
- Had a huge block at the end of regulation to save the game and propel the team to an OT win at Nebraska (1/2)
- Went 5-of-6 from the free throw line and finished with a team-high and career-high 14 points vs. IUPUI (1/18)
- Made the first start of his career and pulled-down a career-high tying eight rebounds in the win at Michigan (2/12)
- Had 10 points, six rebounds and career-highs of two blocks and three steals in the overtime win over Indiana (2/21)
AS A FRESHMAN (2020-21)
- Made all three 3-point attempts for nine points in win over UCLA (12/19/20) … also knocked down a key 3-pointer off glass in the second half at Iowa Feb. 4, 2021
- Played in 29 games
- Big 3 and a block in win at Penn State (2/18/21)
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
- Was coached by his father Eugene Brown Jr., averaged 17 points and nine rebounds as a senior at Southwest DeKalb (Decatur, Georgia) High School
- In 97 career games, he scored 1,120 points, grabbed 584 rebounds while also recording 149 steals, 139 assists and 138 blocks.
- The Atlanta Journal Constitution named him to its first team all-state squad. He also was named the DeKalb Country Co-Player of the Year and was a first team all-regional selection. The Georgia Coaches Association named Brown III the defensive player of the year and selected him to the senior all-star game.
- Academically, Brown III was named an all-regional academic first team and was an all-county academic first team honoree. Other honors included the David Mitchell Community Service Scholarship, Barack Obama Leadership Award and selection to the National Society of High School Scholars. He also finished among the Top 10 percent in the 2020 Graduating Class at Southwest DeKalb H.S.
- Brown III led the only teams in school history to consecutive state tournament final four appearances. His teams won regional championships in three of his four years of high school.