- Big Ten All-Freshman Team (2022)
- Played and started in 50 of the Buckeyes’ 51 games in 2022, serving as the team’s everyday left fielder during his first season in Columbus.
- Settled into the third spot in the lineup and was one of the team’s most consistent offensive threats.
- Slashed .293/.461/.482 with seven home runs, 26 RBI, 37 runs and a team-high 14 stolen bases.
- Played errorless defense in left field while flashing impressive range.
- Began his Buckeye career with a grand slam in his first game on February 18 against Marshall, and had five hits in his first four games.
- In a win over Army on March 6, Lipsey had a home run, a double, and three RBI.
- On March 18 against UNCW, Lipsey was walked five times and scored without recording an at-bat.
- From April 3 against Nebraska through April 10 against MSU, Lipsey had 12 hits in a five-game span with seven RBI and six runs scored.
- In one of the most memorable performances of 2022, a 13-5 win over MSU on April 9 saw Lipsey go 5-5 at the plate with four RBI, falling only a home run short of the cycle. He was named Big Ten Freshman of the Week.
- Hit the game-tying home run in the ninth inning of the Buckeye’s 6-5 win at Michigan on April 24. Lipsey had five hits in the series.
- Went 3-3 with a home run and two runs scored on May 13 against Penn State.
- Reached base safely in the team’s last seven games and was hit by a pitch a team-high 18 times throughout the year.