- Third Team All-Big Ten (2022)
- Big Ten Distinguished Scholar (2020)
- OSU Scholar-Athlete (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Academic All-Big Ten (2020, 2021, 2022)
- The team’s leadoff hitter in every game of 2022, Ernst started all 51 contests in the field as the team’s primary third baseman while also playing first base, shortstop, and left field.
- Led Ohio State with a .337 average, 67 hits, and 39 walks, reaching base at a .441 clip.
- Scored 42 runs, drove in 24, and tallied four home runs.
- Also led the team in multi-hit games with 22 on the year, including seven three-hit games.
- Got off to a scorching got start to the season, hitting over .400 well into April with 10 multi-hit games in the team’s first 16.
- Started off the season strong with seven hits in the opening weekend of 2022 in Port Charlotte, Fla., including triples in back-to-back games against Indiana State on February 19 and 20.
- In the Armed Forces Invitation from March 4-6, Ernst had six hits with a 3-4 performance against Army in Fayetteville, N.C.
- Went 3-3 with his first home run of the season on March 17 against UNCW, and went on for six hits in the series.
- Tallied six hits in the series against Michigan State and Michigan, with a three-hit, two-hit, and one-hit game each weekend.
- From May 4 at Kent State to May 8 at Northwestern, Ernst had three consecutive multi-hit games, including three in a win against the Golden Flashes.
- Finished the season on a high note, picking up two hits and his fourth home run of the season in the 2022 finale against USC Upstate.
- Appeared in 32 games with 24 starts between left field, third base and second base
- Batted .205 with 17 hits and five RBI
- Was 5-of-6 in stolen base attempts which was second-best on the team
- Had two multi-hit games including a 2-for-4 game vs. Nebraska on March 14 and a 3-for-5 performance with a pair of runs scored vs. Nebraska on May 22
- Finished the year with hits in each of his last two games of the season vs. Northwestern (May 29-30)
- Scored a run and had double and an RBI on May 29 vs. the Wildcats
- Appeared in six games, starting one at second base and another at third base
- Hit .250 (2-for-8) with an RBI and a run scored
- Went 2-for-3 with two walks, a stolen base, an RBI and a run scored at Lipscomb (2/28)
2019 (Freshman Season)
- Made 14 starts for the Buckeyes with 28 games played as a true freshman
- Batted .257 (18-for-70) with eight runs scored, three doubles and four RBI
- Four multi-hit games
- Went 1-for-3 with two runs scored, double and one walk in collegiate debut vs. Seton Hall (2/16)
- 1-for-3 with a run scored and RBI vs. Oral Roberts (2/24)
- Batted .300 (3-for-10) with one run scored, one double, one stolen base and one RBI in series at Bethune-Cookman (3/1-4)
- 2-for-4 with a run scored and walk vs. Northern Kentucky (3/19)
- 2-for-3 with a double at Minnesota (5/5)
- 2-for-4 game vs. Wright State (5/5)
- Had a single, run scored and walk off the bench vs. Penn State in game two (5/11)
- Got experience in the NCAA Regional at Nashville, seeing time of the bench vs. No. 2 Vanderbilt and McNeese (5/31-6/1(
Prior to Ohio State
- 2018 OCC Player of the Year, first team All-Central District and Mizuno All-Ohio honoree at Dublin Coffman High School for coach Tim Saunders
- Batted .514 as a senior
- First team All-OCC and All-Central District as a junior
- Three-sport athlete for the Shamrocks, playing baseball, basketball and football
- Second team All-OCC as quarterback for the 2017 league championship team in football
- OCC Scholar-Athlete for the 2018 district championship team in basketball as point guard
- Played summer ball for Ohio Elite with coach Jeff Schmitt and Bo Jackson Elite for coach Cory Valentine
- Son of Ben and Stacie Ernst
- Has two siblings, Raegan and Maysen
- Would like to continue playing professional baseball or get a career in business after graduation
- Enjoys watching and playing sports with friends as well as mountain hiking and traveling