RELATED INFO: Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram | 2019 Roster | 2019 Schedule | PDF Box Score| Season Statistics | HTML Box Score
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State (3-1) clinched its third-consecutive victory with an exciting 3-2 win over EIU (0-3) to cap off the Dayton Classic Sunday. The Buckeyes were up 2-0 after one half when the Panthers battled back to tie it 2-all with six minutes to play. Jake Scheper closed it out with a goal in the 90th minute, his first of the season, to give the team its best start since 2017.
- The Buckeyes carried over the momentum from their win on Friday, scoring in the 4th minute with a goal from Devyn Etling, his second of the season, with the assist from Joe Ortiz, to take an early lead in the match.
- Ohio State maintained possession for most of the half, putting up 14 shots, five on goal, to EIUs one in the first 45.
- Luis Hernandez scored his first goal of the season in the 43rd minute off a feed from Matteo Bennati, to push the lead to 2-0.
- In the second 45, the Buckeyes did not let up, adding nine to their shot total of 23.
- However, the Panthers would not go down without a fight, scoring goals in the 71st and 83rd minutes to tie the game up at 2-all.
- With six minutes to play, Ohio State sent a barrage of shots in on the EIU keeper, with Jake Scheper netting the game winner in the 90th minute with help from Jack Holland and Brayden Durbin.
- Ohio State is now 45-50-11 all-time in neutral site games.
- Junior Devyn Etling scored his second goal of the season, and fifth of his career.
- Luis Hernandez, the redshirt sophomore transfer, scored the first goal of his Buckeye career.
- Senior Jake Scheper also netted his first goal of the year, and 3rd of his Ohio State career.
- Ohio State had four assists on the night, one each from Jack Holland, Joe Ortiz, Mateo Bennati and Brayden Durbin.
- Parker Siegfried had a 258 scoreless minute streak (since last CSUN goal) before EIU goal in 71st minute.
- The 23 shots on the night are the most for the Buckeyes since 11/8/15 vs. Penn State (22).
- The last time Ohio State won three matches in a row was the 2017 season.
- The last time the Buckeyes started the year 3-1 was 2017 when they started 7-1.
Shots: Ohio State 23, EIU 6
Saves: EIU 4, Ohio State 0
Shots on Goal: Ohio State 8, EIU 2
Corner Kicks: Ohio State 8, EIU 2
The Buckeyes make the short trip up to Bowling Green to play BGSU Friday at 7 p.m.