AS A FRESHMAN (2020-21)
- Averaged 5.2 points and 3.4 rebounds per game … reached 100 points with a bucket vs. Purdue at home (1/19/21)
- Outstanding vs. Cleveland State (12/13/20) with career-high 12 points and 10 rebounds and vs. UCLA (12/19/20) with 11 points and six rebounds
- Hit 61.6% of his field goals (61 of 99)
- Second on team with 22 blocks, E.J. Liddell led with 31
- 8 pts., 7 rebs. off the bench vs. No. 8 Iowa in Iowa City Feb. 4, 2021
- First career double-double vs. Cleveland State (12/13/20) with 12 points and 10 rebounds
- First career start came at Purdue (12/16/20)
Prior to Ohio State
- Long Island (N.Y.) Lutheran High School (22-3, 2019-20)
- Key was both leading scorer and rebounder with 18 points and 8.7 rebounds per game for Long Island Lutheran last year. He also blocked 2.0 shots a contest. From the field he made 178-261 (68%) and made 71% at the foul line (178-261).
- Recognized as First Team All-Long Island, Key made the all-tournament team in three events last year: The 2019 Beach Ball Classic in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, The ‘Iolani Classic in Honolulu, Hawaii, and The Montverde Invitational in Florida.
- After a win over MaxPreps No. 2 Sierra Canyon (Calif.) in which he scored 25 points and grabbed 12 rebounds, he tallied 37 points to go with 16 rebounds in a win over the Patrick School (N.J.). Long Island Lutheran, which ended the season ranked No. 11. Key was named a MaxPreps (5th Team) All-American as well.