Ohio State Overview
• Blossomed as a third-year sophomore in 2019, starting all 14 games and was recognized as one of the best interior linemen in the country
• With Davis and the rest of the offensive line leading the way, Ohio State finished No. 3 in the country in scoring offense (46.9 points/game), No. 5 in rushing offense (266.7 yards/game) and No. 4 in total offense (529.9 yards/game)
• Ascended into a starting role over the final two games of the 2018 season and then started all 14 games in 2019
• Named a champion by the Ohio State coaching staff 10 times in 2019, third most on the team
• Was the Player of the Game following a 28-17 win over Penn State is which the Buckeyes ran for 229 yards and two touchdowns against one the nation’s top rush defenses
• Played in all 14 games as a redshirt freshman in 2018 for Ohio State and logged 241 plays on offense, plus another 106 on special teams.
• Has been a part of three Big Ten East Division title-winning teams, three Big Ten championships, Sugar and Rose Bowl victories and a College Football Playoff berth
• Is majoring in communication
Honors & Awards
2020: First-team preseason All-American by the Associated Press
2019: First-team All-American by the Associated Press, CBS Sports and The Sporting News.
Second team All-America choice by the Walter Camp Football Foundation, American Football Coaches Association of America and Football Writers Association of America.
First-team All-Big Ten (coaches and media)
2017: OSU Scholar-Athlete
More on Wyatt
• Was a 5-star offensive lineman (by Rivals, 247Sports and Scout) as a senior and one of the Top 25 players in the nation overall, with Scout ranking him No. 16 among his peers, Rivals No 22 and 247Sports No. 24.
• A tackle for head coach Jason Negro, Davis was considered the No. 1 guard prospect in the nation by all three of those rankings services and the No. 3 guard by ESPN, which also listed him No. 38 on its ESPN 300.
• Two-time member of the American Family Insurance all-USA Football Team and a U.S. Army All-American.
• Chosen the U.S. Army’s Glenn Davis Award winner for epitomizing the Army’s high standard for excellence in community service, education and athletic distinction.
• Named the Los Angeles’ Times Southern California player of the year and Trinity League lineman of the year as a senior.
• Helped St. John Bosco to a 13-2 season and the Division I CIF championship as a senior.
• St. John Bosco was 13-1 and 12-2 seasons in 2015 and 2014, respectively.
• Also played basketball.
• Is the son of Inge and Duane Davis.
• Father is an actor who has played roles of famous athletes such as Joe Louis and Buster Douglas and played the role of Alvin Mack in The Program, a 1993 film about a fictional college football program.
• Grandfather is NFL Hall of Fame defensive end for the Green Bay Packers, Willie Davis.
• Brother, David, played football for Washington State and Cal and is a Cal graduate.