- Big Ten Distinguished Scholar (2021)
- Academic All-Big Ten (2021, 2022)
- OSU Scholar-Athlete (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Made five appearances on the mound as a junior with one start.
- Struck out five batters across 6.1 innings and allowed six earned runs.
- Had scoreless outings on March 4 against Campbell and March 14 against Marshall.
- In his first collegiate start on March 22 against Wright State, Kean allowed two hits in 2.1 innings and picked up the win.
- Made six appearances out of the pen
- Had a 0.96 ERA over 9.1 innings with seven strikeouts
- Allowed just one earned run on the season
- Pitched an inning in the season-opening series vs. Illinois
- Gave up his only earned run on March 12 vs. Iowa and then did not allow an earned run over his final 7.2 innings
- Went a career-high 4.0 on May 23 vs. Nebraska, allowing just one unearned run on three hits
- Finished the year with two scoreless innings vs. Northwestern (May 30) in the season finale
- Appeared in one game out of the bullpen
- Tossed a scoreless, hitless inning while striking out a batter against Harvard in first collegiate appearance (3/7)
Prior to Ohio State
- Three-year letterwinner for coach Mark Pelfrey at Springboro High School
- 8-1 with a 2.43 ERA with 52 strikeouts in 46 innings pitched on the mound as junior
- Hit .356 at the plate with nine doubles, three triples, one homer and 27 RBI
- 2018 PBR All-Ohio selection and first team All-GWOC
- Played summer ball for coach Dave Evans and the Midland Redskins and for coach Greg Beemer with the Dayton Classics
- Son of Ryan and Kristina Kean
- Has a younger brother, Gavin, and younger sister, Molly