Ohio State Overview
• Ranks second in school history with 135 career goals in 54 games
• His 173 career points (135G, 38A) are sixth most in program history
• Despite having his 2020 season cut short to just seven games due to the COVID-19 outbreak, has scored at least 26 goals in every season of his career
• Graduated in May of 2020 with his degree in sport industry and will pursue a master’s degree during 2020-21
• A three-time All-American and two-time All-Big Ten selection
• Was sixth in the country in career goals scored amongst active players through the end of the 2020 season.
Honors & Awards
• B1G Freshman of the Year and Second Team All-Big Ten in 2017.
• B1G and NCAA All-Tournament Team selection.
• Three-time B1G Freshman of the Week.
• Set Buckeye freshman goals record with 49, the third most in a single season in program history.
• Notched 65 points as a freshman, ranking 12th in a single campaign for a Buckeye and the most for a Buckeye freshman.
• Won a silver medal with Team Canada at the 2018 FIL World Championships. Had three goals and one assist in seven games.
2020 (Senior Season)
• Ranked second in the Big Ten in total goals (26) and third in goals per game (3.71) in a shortened season
• The Buckeyes’ leading scorer with 34 points (26G, 6A)
• Matched his career high of six goals on two different occasions – vs. Detroit Mercy and Cornell
• In what turned out to be the final game of 2020, scored four extra-man goals and had six total points (5G, 1A) in a 13-11 win over No. 14 Notre Dame
• Had multiple goals in six of Ohio State’s seven games
• Named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week on March 3 after he matched his career high with eight points (6G, 2A) vs. Cornell
• Was a Tewaaraton Award nominee
• Member of the Big Ten Preseason Players of Watch list
2019 (Junior Season)
• Second team All-Big Ten.
• Finished third in the conference in the regular season in goals per game (3.09)
• Had multiple goals in all 11 games that he played in.
• Scored four goals in games vs. Boston University (2/9), Massachusetts (2/16), Hofstra (3/9) and Penn State (4/7).
• Became the 12th player in program history to score 100 career goals.
• Scored three or more goals in nine of 11 games.
• Had 11 goals in four Big Ten games (2.75 per game).
• Member of the Tewaaraton Award Watch List.
2018 (Sophomore Season)
• All-Big Ten second team selection.
• Team-high four points in the season-opener at Cleveland State (3G, 1A). Followed that up with another 3G, 1A performance against No. 20 Boston University (2/10/18).
• Member of the Tewaaraton Award Watch List.
• Team’s leading scorer with 37 points on 26 goals and 11 assists.
• Seven multi-goal games, including six hat tricks.
• Opened the season with 11 goals in the first four games.
• Scored six times in back to back conference games against No. 6 Johns Hopkins and No. 20 Michigan.
• Notched his 100th career points in just his 35th career game (vs. Rutgers 4/28).
2017 (Freshman Season)
• Earned USILA Third Team All-America, B1G Freshman of the Year and Second Team All-B1G accolades.
• Led Buckeyes with 49 goals and ranked second with 65 points while playing in all 21 games, starting last 16.
• Named to NCAA All-Tournament Team after eight goals and 10 points in the four tourney games combined; hat trick vs. Loyola in opening round May 14, goal vs. Duke in the quarterfinals May 20, three goals and an assist against Towson in the semifinals May 27 and a goal and an assist vs. Maryland in the final May 29.
• B1G All-Tournament Team honoree after six goals vs. Hopkins in semifinals May 4 and hat trick and an assist for four points in final vs Maryland May 6.
• Fifth in B1G in goals per game (2.33) and 10th in points per game (3.10).
• Led B1G with five gamewinning goals.
• Seven man-up goals to tie for third in B1G, seventh in NCAA.
• Point in all but one game during the year (April 22 vs. Maryland), with a goal in all but two (Feb. 25 vs. Jacksonville, April 22 vs. Maryland).
• 14 multiple-goal games and 15 multiple-point outings.
• Career-high five goals, two assists and seven points vs. Denver March 19.
• Tabbed league’s freshman of the week after notching eight points, with six goals and two assists, in wins over Towson and Denver.
• B1G Freshman of the Week after hat trick, five assists and eight points at Michigan April 15 (most assists and points for a Buckeye since May 2015).
• Four goals and six points at Rutgers April 29.
• B1G co-Freshman of the Week after four goals, two groundballs and a caused turnover at Notre Dame March 25.
• Hat trick and four points at Marquette March 3.
2016 U-19 World Championships
• Played for Team Canada, earning a silver medal.
• Named to All-World Team at conclusion of tournament.
• Had 11 goals and three assists for 14 points while appearing in all six tournament games, including a hat trick in the championship game.
Delta Junior Islanders/Elgin Park Secondary
• Played for Delta Junior Islanders.
• Ohio State alum Logan Schuss is an assistant coach for the squad.
• 2015 First Team All-Star and team’s Offensive MVP.
• BCJALL Rookie of the Year after posting 98 points.
• Member of back-to-back provincial championship teams.
• 2014 Team BC box lacrosse gold medalist.
• Also played rugby and basketball.
• Led league in scoring in rugby and was named all-province in basketball.
• Son of Daphne and Gary.
• Has twin brothers, Griffen and Reed, who both played lacrosse at Wagner.
• Sport Industry major.
• Enjoys working out and camping.
Leclaire on why he chose Ohio State
“I chose Ohio State not only because of the world class athletics and coaching staff, but also the highly sought-after academics to set me on the right career path I want to take for the rest of my life.”