Career Honors | Bests
• Academic All-Big Ten (19)
• Ohio State Scholar-Athlete (18, 19)
As A Sophomore (2018-19)
• Set personal records in the 50 Free (19.70), 100 Free (43.69), 200 Free (1:39.57) at the Big Ten Championships.
• Posted a time of 19.79 in the 50 Free final for 14th at the Big Ten Championships.
• Claimed first in the 50 Free at the Shamrock Invitational, clocking in at 19.93.
• Finished the season with the fifth-fastest 100 Free and sixth-fastest 50 Free time on the team.
As A Freshman (2017-18)
• Won the 50 Free (19.99) and placed sixth in the 100 Free (45.21) at the Ohio State Winter Invite; also clocked a 100 Fly time of 50.62.
• Made Buckeye debut in the 50 Free vs. Kenyon.
Whitney Young Magnet High School
• Swam for four years under the direction of Andrew Parro.
• Member of club team Six Point Aquatics for two years.
• Three-time high school All-American.
• Two-time city champion.
• Team captain and MVP as a senior.
• Collected a pair of golds in the 50 and 100 freestyle at the 2017 Illinois St. Ignatius Boys Sectional.
• Finished 11th in the 50 freestyle at the 2017 Illinois Boys State Championships.
• Placed sixth in the 50 freestyle at the 2016 Illinois Boys State Championships.
• Swept both sectional titles in 2016 in the 50 and 100 freestyle.
• Son of Mee and Jaime Chavez.
• Has two siblings (Alexa and Mossimo); Mossimo swims for Ohio State as well.
• Majoring in computer informational systems.
• Chose Ohio State because of its great academics and athletics.
• Has aspirations of getting his PhD in computer science.
• Most memorable swimming moment was going 19.99 at the Winter Invite 2018, his first time under 20 seconds in the 50 Free.